PDA

View Full Version : Bus service for BLT and AKL

Gayle
12-01-2010, 08:17 PM
We just booked for May, we are new Disney vacation club oweners BLT, have never stayed at the BLT or AKL, just wondering how bus service is and where abouts stops are located at parks, DH has bad legs and ankles. Thank you :mickey:

faline
12-02-2010, 09:02 AM
We stayed at Bay Lake Tower in August. The bus stop is located outside of the main entrance to the Contemporary (to the left as you face the entrance). It is a bit of a walk from Bay Lake Tower. Also, getting to the monorail from Bay Lake Tower is a bit of a walk as well.

Where the busses drop you off at the park can vary as they will drop you off at whatever station they have been instructed to pick up at so you could end up with a fairly long walk to the gate. I don't recall specially where the busses back to Bay Lake (or Animal Kingdom Kingdom Lodge, for that matter) are located at each park. In any case, there will be a bit of walking to your bus stop from the gate.

There are two bus stops at Animal Kingdom Lodge - one at Kidani Village and one at Jambo House. Most buses pick up at Kidani Village first and then at Jambo House. I think the only bus that goes the other way is the one for Downtown Disney. I'm not sure where the Kidani Village bus stop is in relation to the building but I know the Jambo House one is just a short walk from the store.