PDA

View Full Version : using magical journeys

arm00leg
12-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Has anyone booked their trip through Magical Journeys? Were you happy with them? No problems? No disrespect to them, I'm just not familiar with them or how they do things. Thanks!

disneymom15
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
They're the best, Terrisue is my girl and she awesome. I've been using them for many years (many trips). I've never had any problems.

Strmchsr
12-01-2010, 06:51 PM
:ditto: I've used my MJ agent, Wendy, since 2004 and would never consider booking my Disney vacation any other way.

As for how they work - you submit a quote request on their website and an agent will be assigned to you and get with you quickly. Then that agent will help plan every detail for you to make sure that you get the best possible deal. Once they book for you they will continue to monitor your reservation and if a better deal is released they will apply that deal without you having to do a thing. They're great because they know all the options and do the math for you to make sure you get the best deal for what you're wanting.

You do not pay MJ anything. They are paid a commission by Disney, so it's free for you to use and is infinitely better than using any other service to book.

RockinRobin
12-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes they are great, we have used them the last 3 or 4 trips and won't do it any other way again. They do all the work for you, you just tell them what you would like and they suggest the best way to go. We also have Wendy and she is the best!

markyv
12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Another vote for magical journeys and of course Wendy, as she is the greatest ever!

Dyanna
12-01-2010, 07:46 PM
We have used Terrisue in the past as well as a few friends of ours & she is the best to work with!

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I can't say enough good things about Debbie at MJ. She is super-quick, puts up with all of our crazy questions and makes sure we're getting the best deal possible.

I used to be a "book it myself" person, until I tried MJ due to reviews here on intercot, and there is no way I'd do it without them again :thumbsup:

KylesMom
12-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Part of my job is to support a staff of over 20 sales people who travel on a weekly basis - so I know the ins and outs of travel.

That being said, when it comes to booking a Disney trip, our family is a faithful 100% Magical Journeys one. We've been booking with them for our annual trip since 2003 or thereabouts, and wouldn't even consider trying to do it on our own again - or going through another agency. Our agent is Terrisue as well, and I can't tell you the level of service we receive for each and every vacation. If you book and a better deal comes out, no one is better at evaluating which deal is better for your family, and converting your reservation. We've been locked out of A/P room only rates and other specials in the past trying to do it on our own that MJ come through with every time when they're available for our resort choice during our dates of travel. In short, they're the BEST! :thumbsup:

hokies4life
12-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Love Debbie at MJ!!

She even answered our emails we sent at 9pm within 10-15 minutes. Made it so easy to book our October 2011 Honeymoon, and I love knowing that they will be watching for any discounts for us.

:thumbsup:

btharvey
12-02-2010, 07:41 AM
I think it's safe to say that even if you have a "simple" trip, MJ is the way to go. They'll keep an eye out for discounts and deals for you and make sure you're all set in every way.

Disneymom4ever
12-02-2010, 08:38 AM
I actually used them for the first time this trip, because of the good reviews here. I have to say, Kathy has been absolutely wonderful! Whenever I email her, she is amazingly quick to respond, and takes care of everything! I usually book trips myself, but I will never do this on my own again. Just knowing she will grab a discount right away if one becomes available (which she found, by the way :thumbsup:) makes me completely confident about knowing I'm getting the best deal. Thank you Kathy! :mickey:

MyDisneyworld
12-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Our first time using them as we are DVC and normally never need to use a service. We booked 2 huge trips in a row and ran out of points so we are taking advantage of the great discounts out right now and decided to use them. So far they have been so great with communications and finding the best deal. You will not be sorry using them and it takes all the guess work out of knowing if better discounts are out there. Have a great trip.

CanadianWDWFan
12-02-2010, 09:04 AM
We have used MJ many times and NEVER had any issues with them. Heck even one year we called while driving down to add a day to our trip since we decided to leave early. No problems or questions asked. They look out for you all the time. When the discounts come out they will be applied to your reservation before you even realize that you were eligible for the discount.

Thanks to Terrisue!!:number1:

wildernesslady
12-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Debbie is the best! We were a party of 8 with many changes due to a medical situation. She was great. We even added a person 2 days before departure with no problem at all. I would use them again without any hesitation.

faline
12-02-2010, 09:43 AM
I'll add my voice - the folks at Magical Journeys are terrific! Once you use them, you won't look back!

brivers222
12-02-2010, 06:55 PM
I can't say enough good things about Debbie at MJ. She is super-quick, puts up with all of our crazy questions and makes sure we're getting the best deal possible.

I used to be a "book it myself" person, until I tried MJ due to reviews here on intercot, and there is no way I'd do it without them again :thumbsup:

great to hear, we are booking our honeymoon with debbie next week :)

2MuchWDFun
12-03-2010, 08:13 AM
We use Karen at MJ-she is terrific. It always seems like I'm emailing at 7:30 on a Sunday evening with a question, and she always gets back to us quickly.
I am a planner from w-a-a-y back, but it is reassuring that she'll look for additional discounts that apply to our vacation parameters and knows the ins-and-outs of the Disney vacation package rules.
This allows me to spend my time planning---figuring out where we'll be eating and EMH days, which shows we want to see, and other Disney details!

mickeefan
12-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Magical Journeys rocks, Wendy in particular.
We were introduced to Wendy back in 2004 when she solved a major hangup we had. She has handled all our trips since then and I wouldn't think of going any other way. It's great knowing you are in the best hands possible.

crazypoohbear
12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
I have used them many times. Referred friends to them many times.
Wendy is the absolute best. We change plans, dates, hotels and she is always nice,polite and helpful and never loses her cool with all of our indecision!
GO WENDY!

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-03-2010, 09:04 PM
After many years of dealing with the hassles of doing it ourselves we decided to give MJ a try a few years ago.
Terrisue is FANTASTIC. We have even referred several friends to her and they were totally pleased with the job she did for them.

I will never waste my time making ressies myself again as long as MJ and Terrisue are around!!:thumbsup:

mom2morgan
12-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Okay, they are sponsors of this site and much beloved, so I hope no-one hates me for this. But I have used them and one of their competitors and found that they (both, actually) were extremely competent, pleasant, and helpful and did a good job - but really didn't do anything I couldn't do myself just as easily. In both cases I found a potential discount before they did - now, I'm sure if I wasn't such a "keener" they would have found it an applied it anyway - and in both cases when I emailed them with the discount information they immediately called and got it applied to my vacation...but I just don't know that it really "saves" me any time or energy. The calls and emails to them just replace the calls or emails to Disney, if you know what I mean....and I've decided that I must be a real "control freak" because I'm just more comfortable having all the details in my own hands. So, my bottom line is that if you are the sort of person who likes to use an agent, you can be very confident they will do a great job, but you might not find it is really any "better" than just doing it yourself.

WDW&MK
12-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I've booked our WDW trips through a travel agency and direct through Disney Travel Co. I knew I had to find a better answer than what I was doing. I didn't like booking direct because I never knew for sure that I was getting the best deal. The year that WDW switched from length of stay pkgs to MYW pkgs I knew more about it than the local travel agency that I was working with. That did it!! I pm'd a few intercot members to get their opion on MJ and all gave MJ rave reviews. Now that we've had Wendy book our trips for a number of years, I'd never do it any other way - they are great! They help you get the best deals, answer your questions with great knowledge and expertise and are extremely quick, responsive and reliable. They are the best :number1: