PDA

View Full Version : KC Girls - Day Two

Granny Jill A
12-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Sorry for the long pause.........but, it took me forever to dig out my desk after I returned from WDW.

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom
We scheduled MK while our energy level was high. After a quick breakfast at Contempo Cafe, we hopped the monorail just in time for the opening. We made our way to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan, Pooh, IASW and Snow White. No lines at all.

Zipped over to Frontierland and walked on to Splash Mountain. I had been watching people getting off the ride, and determined the "driest" seats seemed to be at the back of the car. I guessed right. The folks in the 1st and 2nd rows got caught by the water cannons at the beginning of the ride, and absolutely drowned at the big splashdown at the end.

Counting our blessings, we made our way to Big Thunder Mountain and walked right on there. Love this coaster - great theming.

We still couldn't believe there were no crowds yet, so we tried Jungle Cruise. Very short wait there, and our "captain" was great. It's hokey, but we love it.

We had plenty of time to look in all the shops, so we popped into the Pirates League where you can plunk down $30 bucks for a scary face and accessories. It's great for boys to have something like this, and their happy faces were so cute under the skeleton makeup.

Strolled over to Pirates of the Caribbean and shared a boat with "Flash Woman" - she couldn't or wouldn't stop taking flash pictures, even though her companion told her not to. (sigh)

Worked up a thirst and stopped for an orange slushy at the Sunshine Tree Terrace. The nice lady even split it for us into two cups, at no extra charge.

Made our way back to the hub and were still amazed by lack of crowds at 11 a.m. Headed for Tomorrowland where we did all the major attractions. By noon we were hungry so we stopped at Cosmic Rays for the best burger ever. We had a great view of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider at their meet-and-greet. Cute as all get-out. Flynn looked adorable with his little chin whiskers and Rapunzel was awesome as she skipped around flipping her long, long hair. There was a line for them, no surprise.

The lack of crowds gave us the opportunity to stroll around and really look at everything in MK. The rose garden next to Tomorrowland is a secret treasure. We were overwhelmed by the beautiful blooms in so many colors.

We had done everything by early afternoon, so we went back to our hotel and put our feet up on the balcony. It was so peaceful to sit and relax.

Our BIG dinner was at the California Grill that evening. I dressed up and even wore my "good" earrings. We arrived early and asked for a seat by the window. Our wish was granted, but it was not perfect. One seat had a great view of MK, and the other had a not-so-great view of a corner pillar. We skooched over so we could both see the fireworks. Couldn't hear any of the music because the two tables next to us were LOUD. Why they just didn't sit at bar is beyond me. Oh well....

Dinner was awesome - we both had the Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Roasted Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glaze, and Sage.

For dessert we shared the Fall Celebration
Warm Heirloom Apple Torte, Salted Caramel,
Almond “Glass”, and Apple-Jack Ice Cream.

I was afraid I was going to have to purchase an extra seat on the plane if I didn't stop eating such good food.

That was the perfect end to our MK day.

Tomorrow we take on Animal Kingdom and Future World in Epcot.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Sounds great thanks for the report

faline
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
A day in Disney World doesn't get much better than this one! Low crowds, plenty of time to stop and smell the roses, and a yummy dinner!

2MuchWDFun
12-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Wow-what a fantastic day you had. Love it!
We're trying Cali Grill for the first time this Christmas--thanks for the great report--will definitely have to try the pork loin!

pdrlkr
12-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

RedSoxFan
12-02-2010, 07:33 AM
A great day!!:mickey:

Suz36
12-06-2010, 09:13 PM
What a picture perfect day! And dinner sounded like a delicious ending!

vizsla
12-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
12-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Talk about a perfect day in Disney! Thanks for sharing it with us.