PDA

View Full Version : beach club closet to Epcot walkway

arm00leg
11-30-2010, 09:45 PM
So we are trying to plan a trip for January and would like to know what building number to try and get that is closet to the walkway to Epcot. Anyone know? Is it a long walk? My bones aren't as young as they used to be :secret: and would love to be in walking distance of Epcot but not if it's too long a walk. And has everyone enjoyed their stays at Beach Club? Thanks!

KylesMom
12-01-2010, 12:05 AM
I hope you meant "closest" and not "closet"! :blush:

While I can't tell you the best room to request, I can tell you that it's no more than a short walk from the BC to International Gateway. We've done it on several occasions, including to & from Cape May this past trip, and I don't think it took more than seven minutes - while being stuffed from the seafood buffet when we left! :mickey:

arm00leg
12-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Oops! Fingers go faster than my brain sometimes - yes, I did mean closest.:blush:

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
12-01-2010, 07:30 AM
The distance betwee the closest building and one that is farther away is minutes.

When staying at the Beach Club, one of the many nice benefits is the short walk over to Epcot.

IMO - any building is close to the walkway.

Enjoy!

MOJoe
12-01-2010, 11:17 AM
The rooms by the quiet pool are a little closer to Epcot than those by SAB. Rooms #1501, 2501 are closest. The #1600, 2600 rooms are farthest. #1500 rooms are first floor, #2500 second floor, ect. The lowest even number rooms face the woods by Epcot, the odd numbers face the quiet pool. Rooms 1532 and up face the woods toward the BC Villas.

It's not a long walk from anywhere at the BC to Epcot, but i liked being close to the quiet pool. I could even hear the British Invasion as they played.:cloud9: Now that's close to Epcot!

Melanie
12-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I loved the room I had the last time I stayed there. I had one of those rooms described above facing the woods towards Epcot. It was right on the walkway to Epcot. Just went down a flight of stairs, out the door, turned right, took a few steps, went through the gate, turned left and on my merry way to Epcot. It was awesome! Man that room was far away from the lobby though. ;)

Mitzie
12-01-2010, 11:45 AM
We stayed awhile back and our room was right over the lobby area or there abouts and it was still a quick walk into Epcot. You just can't beat the location. On our last stay at BWI, it was a slightly longer walk I would say into Epcot, but still great and getting into HS or the Swan and Dolphin were nice. To answer your other question. BC is very nice. The pool area is so large, and there are so many places to sit and relax. We also loved that you could get lunch right there at Hurricane Hannah's and not even have to put on flip flops. They played fun games by the pool for the kids and Beaches and Cream is right there if you want an extra special snack. To get to the slide, kids have to go across the walk way but it isn't too far. We didn't mind the buses, even though we shared with the other resorts in the area. Our room was always spotless and the cm's were friendly. Enjoy!

BrerGnat
12-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Just so you know, there is only one building at the Beach Club Resort. The OTHER building is the DVC Villas wing. The Villas are technically closer to Epcot.

If I may, I'd actually suggest asking for a room close to the LOBBY. The walk out the back door of the lobby to Epcot entrance is 5 min, 10 tops (if you go REALLY slow). However, if your room is in the wing closer to Epcot, you'll have a LOOOONG walk to the lobby, bus stop, etc. Those hallways are long and winding, and it's actually faster to use the main lobby entrance and have a room close to the lobby than to use the side entrance and then have to hike it all the way to the lobby every time you want something there, or need to get to the buses (which are on the FRONT entrance of the hotel).

Disney Hungarian
12-01-2010, 12:41 PM
I stayed in room 2631. Right near the main lobby. For me it was the perfect location. The walk to Epcot was leisurely. I was even pushing mom in a wheelchair and it was a comfortable stroll. I would suggest taking the walkway under the bridge to Epcot. There is no hill to climb that way and it is nice to walk right by the water.:mickey:

arm00leg
12-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks everyone for all the great info! We have never stayed at the Beach Club and we haven't been to DW since 2001 - we are really excited to go again! Thanks again.

Scar
12-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I loved the room I had the last time I stayed there. I had one of those rooms described above facing the woods towards Epcot. It was right on the walkway to Epcot. Just went down a flight of stairs, out the door, turned right, took a few steps, went through the gate, turned left and on my merry way to Epcot. It was awesome! Man that room was far away from the lobby though. ;):ditto: That side door was great. Saved about 10 mins from having to walk to the lobby and all the way back just to pass our room on the way.

... it's actually faster to use the main lobby entrance and have a room close to the lobby than to use the side entrance and then have to hike it all the way to the lobby every time you want something there, or need to get to the buses Although for someone like me, who loves World Showcase and hates the buses, the side door is much better. :thumbsup:

jakeybake
12-02-2010, 09:43 AM
I think any room at the BC is close so I don't think I would request a certain room or area. It is a nice, peaceful and quick walk over to the International Gateway.

Personally I would let the chips fall where they may in regards to the room.

J

buzznwoodysmom
12-03-2010, 11:24 AM
We were in a DVC room last year and our room was one of the closest to the Beach Club lobby. Our walk to Epcot was still only about 5-10 minutes, depending on how slow we were walking, or how many times the kids wanted to stop to see bunnies in the bushes. We loved our location because we felt centered. We weren't far from the lobby and still had a nice short walk to Epcot. I'd think no matter where you are located in BC/BCV the walk shouldn't be more than 10 minutes.

arm00leg
12-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks everyone, we decided to request closer to the lobby. Made the official reservations today, cannot wait to go!!!:yay:

disneymom2000
12-05-2010, 12:40 AM
IMHO. The walk from the lobby's back door to EPCOT is no further than the distance from my room to the lobby on most of my stays. It seems like I am always offered the furtherest room on the third or fourth floor away from the elevators. So once I hit the lobby I know I am at least halfway to International Gateway.;)

Plex
12-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Our last stay was at BC and I'd say pretty much everywhere is walkable. We actually had the room at the very end of the hall furthest away from Epcot and didn't have a bad walk. I think it was about a 15 minute walk for us door-to-gate. If you can handle walking the parks all day the walk from BC to Epcot shouldn't give you any trouble.

When you check in, you can always make a request at the front desk. Considering that you're going in January when park attendance is lighter I'd be willing to bet they could get you into a room with a shorter walk.