PDA

View Full Version : 2 resorts/1 trip

mludman
11-30-2010, 11:21 AM
has anyone stayed @ 2 resorts during their stay? we are thinking of doing this to experience a delux and to save $. is it possible, and what are the pro's and con's and difficulties? thanks

faline
11-30-2010, 11:55 AM
We've done this a couple of times.

I prefer staying in one resort as I like to get settled in and get on with our vacation without having to deal with moving in the middle. We've done it when we've added on to an existing vacation such as flight prices were better the day before we originally planned to arrive.

If both resorts are Disney resorts, it's pretty easy to move from one location to the other. Disney will move your luggage for you though it may not be available in your new location as quickly as you'd like. We've taken a cab and brought our luggage with us - felt easiest to us.

You may be "homeless" for part of a day when you switchas your new resort room may not be ready when you arrive from your last location.

buzznwoodysmom
11-30-2010, 12:15 PM
We almost always stay at more than one resort. This is how we've come to try so many resorts. We drive to WDW so moving isn't an issue, but I'm sure I've read before that Disney will move your luggage for you. Its really simple. We just pack up, check out of our first resort, then move and check into our next resort. If the room isn't ready we either leave the luggage in the car, or we have bell service hold it till the room is ready. We go out and enjoy our day and usually get a text when the room is ready. Its very easy. However, we are thinking we'll start just doing one resort. It was fun to try new places, but we do enjoy to settle in and be done for the entire trip. We still have a nice size list of resorts we still want to try, so I imagine we'll still sneak in a few split stays, but not as often as we've done in the past.

Mousemates
11-30-2010, 07:31 PM
we often do split stays as we enjoy sampling the various resorts. The number one suggestion I would offer is to always "upgrade" (i.e. finish at the better of the two resorts you stay at). It is much easier to get used to something nicer than you were in previously than it is to do with less.

tinksmom02
11-30-2010, 09:37 PM
I've never done it, kind of like faline I like staying in one place for the trip, but I would imagine that the best way to do it is like Mousemates said. Stay at the Value or Mod first and then move up to a deluxe.

coloradowendyl
12-01-2010, 12:16 AM
From an economical point of view, you need to look at how you are booking both stays. If you are taking advantage of a promotion that requires a min. number of days of tickets on a package, often a split stay ends up costing you more than staying at one resort for the entire time.

Wendy

Disneymom4ever
12-01-2010, 07:59 AM
We have done split stays in the past, and are getting ready to do just that again. We love to try new resorts, and this way we can, but also save money in the process by staying value part of the time. It really is easy to do, whether driving or flying. We just make the day we switch a "break day" from the parks, and relax and enjoy the new resort. It almost feels like two vacations in one to us! :mickey:

Mitzie
12-01-2010, 01:30 PM
We have done a couple of split stays as well for much the same reasons, save $$$ and see new places. I agree, start down and move up. Also pay attention to how your tickets and food credits work out if you are doing the DDP. Know that any credits attached to the first part of you stay are good through midnight of the day you check out of the first resort. So if you check in to your second resort and get your new KTW cards with food credits on it, and you have old ones from the first part of your stay, be sure to use the old ones first.