PDA

View Full Version : Our First Holiday Trip Part Two

Stu29573
11-30-2010, 11:12 AM
11-18

Continuing our trip report…
On Thursday we awoke to find that we hadn’t gotten a call about our new room. I went down to the front desk to check on it and found that they still hadn’t made a change, but they were intending to. It seems they were snowed under with people with similar problems. They said to come back at 3:00 and they should have it all worked out. In the mean time they said to put our bags back in the luggage room. I went back to the room and packed everything up and took it to the luggage room. We then headed out to Epcot.

Once at Epcot (one of my wife’s favorite parks, by the way) we started working on Future World. The plan was to do Future world on one day, and World Showcase on the next. Once again the lines were very short and we pretty much walked on everything. The decorations were also very nice, but I didn’t like them quite as much as the Magic Kingdom’s (although, since that is my favorite park I may be biased). Still they were cute, with topiaries of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto in festive garb. The Christmas tree was huge and featured basketball sized ornaments representing various countries.

We saw pretty much everything on that side, including Soarin’ , Mission Space (Green side, please!), and others. We got to see Ellen’s Energy Adventure this trip. We missed it last trip because it broke down. I really enjoy this ride and I was happy to find that I still enjoy it even after having seen it a few times. My wife (who had never seen it) enjoyed it quite a bit as well. We also took a lot longer at The Seas With Nemo than we had on the last trip. It was worth it, as we saw the dolphin training show.

At this point we had to go back to the resort to check on our room. We found that it STILL wasn’t ready, but they said they were working on it. They suggested that we go back to the parks and that they would call us when they got it worked out. We did so, but it was a bummer that we wasted over two hours of “park time” dealing with the issue.

At 5:00 we went to the World Showcase and ate at Les Chefs de France. It was wonderful as usual, and we had an unexpected surprise! As we were eating, they wheeled a cart over and told my wife that the chef wanted to wish her a happy birthday. The cover came off of the dish and there was Remmy chattering and generally being cute. It was a total surprise because I didn’t think he ever came out during the dinner hours. Needless to say, I got it on video! When it came time to pay, we found that our dining plan still wasn’t working…sigh…

We then hopped on the monorail and scooted over to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. On the way I called the resort to check on the room, since we hadn’t heard anything. I was told that we had been moved out of one room and into another. The only problem was that they had moved us out of the room we wanted and into the room we already had. It was exactly opposite of what was supposed to have happened! I argued with them all the way over to the Magic Kingdom and was actually getting pretty upset, since now it seemed like we didn’t have a room at all! I was told to come by the front desk after the party and they would work it out. I was getting pretty dubious. The worst part is that because I was arguing on the phone for the whole monorail ride, I don’t remember any of it. Oh well…

The Christmas party was wonderful, however! The “snow” on Main Street was very magical and the decorations and Christmas music was fantastic! We saw the Christmas show in front of the castle and the Christmas parade with the castle as the backdrop. Very very cool! We got our cookies and hot chocolate and walked on everything we wanted to ride with no wait at all! We watched Holiday Wishes from the old Swan Boat dock (which gave us a great view, but changed the perspective of the fireworks). I would like to point out that although some people have complained that non-party guests have been hanging out during the party times, on this night at least it would have been tough for them to do so. They had CMs posted at the entrance to each land that checked for wristbands and, of course. You couldn’t get on any ride without showing it. We headed back to the resort at midnight.

Once there we were told that the room issue still hadn’t been fixed. It was now close to one a.m. and I had about had it. Finally, after about a half hour, they said that they found a room where we wanted and they would have bell services move our luggage there. They also said that they would comp us a night for all of the hassle. That was nice, but I still had a bad taste in my mouth that I have never had at Disney before. It was after two when we finally go t to bed in our new room. All in all, the room change really wasn’t worth all of the hassle (even with the comped night) but what’s done is done. I would like to point out that all of the CM’s were really nice during all of this, but they were seemingly at the mercy of a very bad situation. They also had to refund us for our meals for the day because the dining plan still wasn’t working. Anyway, we went to bed remembering a wonderful day at the parks, a lousy day at the resort, and hoping everything would work out tomorrow…

faline
11-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy so much of your park time despite all the difficulties you experienced at your resort!

Suz36
11-30-2010, 07:13 PM
You really do seem to be maintaining your cool despite all the problems, and still enjoying yourselves. What a great surprise from Remy! We're hoping to catch him on our upcoming trip.

zcrsdad
12-01-2010, 01:17 AM
You should have asked for the general manager after it was not fixed the first time. If he couldn't solve the situation, you should've gone higher. This is a situation that should have been able to be fixed by the afternoon that you arrived. There is no excuse why the dining plan was not working. They should have given you more than one night free. They should have refunded your dining plan and given the rest of the trip complimentary.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Oh my, this is not the Disney magic I'm used to...terrible...

IloveJack
12-01-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm amazed at your patience. My DH would've blown his top by now. Although, your day sounds wonderful, other than the resort/DP issues.

KylesMom
12-01-2010, 11:47 AM
The time you spent in the parks today, coupled with the party, sounds magical. However, the time you wasted trying to get an adequate room was not, nor was the dining plan snafu. We've had this room experience once at a Disney Deluxe, and I know how it can really sour your attitude quickly. Ugh!

I hope that the dining plan corrections have been handled as well, and you don't have to spend any more time at either the front desk or on the phone! :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Joannelet
12-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow what an experience you had!!!
I know my hubby wouldn't have taken it that well....at all.
That is sooo cool that you got to see Remy!! :)

RedSoxFan
12-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Jeepers --- the hotel drama. My DH would have blown his top too!! But your day in the parks sounded very nice.