PDA

View Full Version : Visited Times Square Disney Store

RBrooksC
11-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Last weekend my wife and I visited the new Times Square Disney Store. I was underwhelmed.

It was a Disney Store. Nothing more, nothing less. I thought the old World of Disney was a "destination" store in Manhattan. The new store, while nice, was just a larger version of the mall Disney Store. That is too bad because I enjoyed going to the Manhattan Store to find things I couldn't necessarily find at my local mall Disney Store.

Dznygrl79
11-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Do they still have character meet and greet areas? I loved popping in during a trip to NYC and getting a Disney Photo.

RBrooksC
11-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I didn't see a "Meet and Greet" place like was at the World of Disney.

SteveL
12-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Totally disappointed in the TS store.
Having not visited a Disney Store in quite some time, I was really disappointed to see the new low they have managed to acheive regarding the quaility of the merchandise.
Now that I have three grandchildren I would be back in their target market but there isn't anything worth buying.
How many "souvenirs" and magic towels do you need?

DizneyRox
12-05-2010, 07:01 AM
I still make the obligatory stop in my local Disney Store, but haven't found the need to experience anything near the "box office".

Sadly, there's just nothing worth getting at the stores anymore.

Sorry to hear they turned their flagship store into a shell of itself. Next time I'm in the city, I'll be sure to not stop by. Knowing I won't find anything worth getting will make that decision easier.

SteveL
12-05-2010, 10:11 PM
One positive is that it isn't far from the Charmin restrooms in Times Square.

Granny Jill A
12-16-2010, 01:37 PM
ISadly, there's just nothing worth getting at the stores anymore.

I stopped by our only Disney Store to see what's happening. Nothing but toys and stuff from China. Nothing or very little for adults. Didn't see a lot of people buying things.

Come to think of it, I didn't see folks buying a lot of stuff at Downtown Disney when I was there last month.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-17-2010, 11:11 PM
We were supposed to go to NYC last weekend and I was looking forward to going there. Sounds like we didn't miss much by not being able to go. So sad! We always went to the NYC store. That was part of the fun of going to NYC at Christmas.

Mousehead35
12-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Visited last weekend.. so not worth the hype. We were really disappointed as well!!!