PDA

View Full Version : Arriving late and using ME

Mom2threeboys
11-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Hi everyone! We are planning a trip in February 2011. The only flight I could get down doesn't arrive at MCO until 10pm. My question is, should I put my yellow tags on my luggage and hope it arrives with us, or should we go pick up our luggage ourselves and take it on the bus with us to the hotel? I've never arrived so late, so I want to be sure to do the correct thing! Thanks so much for any advice!

Dream'nDisney
11-30-2010, 07:42 AM
We arrived around 9:00 p.m. last June and still did not put the yellow tags on. We just went and picked up our luggage ourselves. We didn't want to take the chance and have to possibly sleep in our clothes if for some reason our luggage didn't get to our room. Plus, we had to get up early to meet some friends in the morning, so I needed my make-up, etc.

CleveRocks
11-30-2010, 08:16 AM
The good news is, you don't even have a decision to make. disney rules state that if you land at 10:00 p.m. or after that you should NOT put the DME tags on your bags and that you HAVE TO pick up your own bags at baggage claim. This has been in effect for at least one year.

But I caution that you should still pack for your immediate needs in your carry-ons, just in case the AIRLINE delays your checked bags. If I were a woman, for example, there's NO WAY I'd leave my make-up in my checked bag, it would definitely go in my carry-on, since I'm assuming I'd have no liquid make-up in containers larger than 3.4 ounces (100 ml). No matter where I fly, I always pack for our first 24 hours in our carry-ons ... it's self-protective, it's my form of travel insurance, it's just a smart way to make sure our vacation starts well even if the airline messes with us.

Buttercup
11-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Well, if it were me, I'd throw my pyjamas and any other necessities in my carry-on so at least I'd have those. But I'm a night-hawk... I stay up late anyway so it wouldn't bother me if they dropped off our luggage at 1am. (Because it sometimes takes a couple hours for your luggage to be delivered).
But you might wanna just go grab it yourself and save the waiting.

Mom2threeboys
11-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Thank you so much for all the information. We will definitely be getting our own luggage and I will make sure to pack necessities in our carryons! :thumbsup: