PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever...

txdisneyfanatic
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Booked a room-only reservation and then a deal come along sometime later? Can you call them and ask to adjust the price or would you have to cancel and make a new reservation? Thanks for any advice. I'm just skeptical about booking for the summer since no room only specials are out yet.

PetefromRI
11-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Just book a room only through Magical Journey's TA.They keep an eye out for better deals and then they switch your ressie for you.They are free and a sponsor of this website.I used to do it myself until I started hearing people talking about them on this site and I tried them.I've booked at least 6 or 7 trips with them and I use Denise.She's really great and I don't think that I'd go any other way.

Buttercup
11-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Yes, we've done this many times. I book the room, sometimes with a discount code if there is one. Then, later on, if another BETTER discount comes out, I just call in and they will apply the better discount to our reservation, giving a refund if necessary.
But I'm a nerd and I keep track of all the current promotions and discounts that are available. (Maybe I have too much time on my hands?!) If you're not into keeping track of that stuff, I second the idea of contacting Magical Journeys to do your booking and they'll definitely let you know of any discounts that come out between now and your vacation.

I'm only guessing, but I would think that with all the free dining weeks they've announced for most of 2011, they won't be announcing too many room-only discounts this year.

Mousemates
11-29-2010, 09:23 PM
yes...we too switch for better deals when they come up or if we say get a pin code.

big blue and hairy
11-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Yup, lots of times...

:sulley:

KylesMom
11-30-2010, 10:09 AM
We've been doing this since around 2002 - but thank goodness we found Magical Journeys several years ago & they do all the work for us now! On an occasion or two by trying to get released specials, we were shut out since the rooms are always limited. MJ always comes through if there are specials released after our booking date. I plan everything else for our vacation, but I let them handle all of the initial room booking and subsequent changes if/when specials are released! :mickey: