PDA

View Full Version : Floor Steam Cleaners

Disney4us2
11-29-2010, 07:06 PM
I am looking to get one of the Shark (or other brand) steam cleaners for our kitchen/bathroom floors.

There is quite a selection with the prices ranging from $59 to $150. The highest is for the Shark Steam n' vac. The others are just steamers.

Has anyone used these? Do they do the job well. Looking for input and advice on which one to get.

When in doubt.... ask the experts here:thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
11-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I had the shark for over a year. Loved it, but it died last month. We went out and brought another one right away. It is so worth it.:mickey:

jmj18
11-29-2010, 08:15 PM
I was thinking about buying 1 also. Do they strip the finish off of the wood floors?

:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
11-29-2010, 08:20 PM
We have the Shark Steam n Vac too and love it it. The floors get so much cleaner than using a mop or any other system.

I was thinking about buying 1 also. Do they strip the finish off of the wood floors?

:mickey:

As long as the wood floors are sealed, there should be no problem. You just want to make sure that the machine is hot enough and steaming so there are not pools of water left on the floor. And read the directions carefully before you use it on the wood floors for the first time.

Ed
11-29-2010, 10:23 PM
:ditto:

We've had a Shark for a year or so, and it's been great for cleaning the ceramic tile floors as well as the bamboo flooring in the kitchen. As Beth mentioned, as long as the wood flooring is well sealed, there's no problem.

You'll likely be amazed (and possibly appalled!) at how much dirt they pick up. We've found that soaking the pads in a solution of OxyClean overnight before washing them brings them back to like-new condition.

Patty
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I hate to clean but I LOVE my shark steam mop (with the pockets). My friends laugh at me because I now love mopping my kitchen and bathroom. As far as the wood floors are concerned. I must be a little stupid ;) I am not sure what a "sealed" hard wood floor is, I thought as long as it was finished it was ok.... well I am not sure if my floor either isnt sealed or if I was just picking up residue of previous cleaners (murphys) but my wood floors became a little sticky :blush: so I just dont use it on them anymore! Hoping to get the hand held for Christmas :thumbsup: