PDA

View Full Version : Please Help..Advice Needed ASAP about up coming trip

Chipanddale
11-29-2010, 05:27 PM
I am planning on going to WDW Dec 10-14.
Are there any room only discounts available for those dates?

I am would like to try the wilderness cabins and my son wants to stay at the Boardwalk villa/ one bedroom.

I was thinking of staying two nights in the wilderness cabin and rent a golf cart to see the forts guest Christmas displays. I always wanted to see what the cabins look like.
Are the beds comfortable?

Do you know if resort guests can we rent a golf cart at the fort to see the lights at night, if we decide to stay at BWV resort?

I am really stressed about making reservation at this time because we are bring our 3 year grandchild. His mother has custody and we can get him only on certain days. She determines when he can visit us on extended days. Her and family do not like Walt Disney world, and she don't like the idea we want to bring him.

I am afraid to make reservation too early because she may change her mind about letting him go on vacation with us at the last minute. The purpose of the trip is to bring him. We told his mother a month ago about our plans.
She said, she had to think about it. A couple of days later, she told my son she has a dental appt for the child during of one of the days we had planned. She made it after we told her of our dates.
My son told her to change the dental appt date and she said she can't. My son can only take his vacation of certain days. So, we have to cut our vacation short by two days.

It is the not knowing if she will change her mind about the trip at the last minute.

I am so stressed!

What do you think I should do?

What would be the best/savings option for us?

Our party consist of 3 adults and one 3 year old.

Worried and Sad
ChipandDale

Strmchsr
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately, most of the time discounts have to be booked well in advance. My best advice is to contact Magical Journeys ASAP and if there is any discount available, they will be able to help you out and relieve a lot of your stress.

Donald
11-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Good luck! I am sorry to say that I would be more worried about what fuss the mother would put up if you do take the 3 yr. old to WDW. The wrath of the mother could be painful and expensive to the father of the child. It is obvious that she does not want him to go by making a dental appointment for him. She could cry "neglect" if the father does not take him to his appointment. ( I work in a dental office, and I have seen how nasty some mothers can be . It is not pretty!)

faline
11-29-2010, 07:20 PM
It could be difficult to get reservations at exactly the resort you want when you booking very late.

The cabins are quite nice. Golf carts are often booked up in advance and it might be difficult getting a last minute reservation for a golf cart.

As Chris suggested, I'd work with Magical Journeys to help guide you through your choices.

Chipanddale
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Thank you Strmchsr and faline for your reply about MJ
I don't want to contact MJ because I may not be able to book from them and it would be wrong for me to ask them for help.

I am undecided if the dining plan will be better for us..
Or
Buy one adult AP to get a room only discount.

Donald,
You are right about the wrath of the mom.
She gets upset when the child goes back home with a mosquito bite.
Any little thing she makes a big deal about it.
My son is so scared of the "neglect" card she holds.
She is doing this to hurt my son... she has to realize she hurting her son more.
We walk a fine line because she uses the child for control.
We want to avoid malice and strife. We want to be a blessing.

The mom does not want my son to be present at any of the child's appts. She always give my son the doctors report after the appt. even though my son wants to be present to ask questions.

We shed many tears because of her. The child cries and hide when it time for him to go back with his mom.
He says, I don't want to go to mommy''s house.
Sad.. so Sad.

Maybe, I should just stop being stress and continue to bless...
and take one day at a time...
Believing all will be well.
If it is meant to be.. It will be

Love conquers all!
Times goes by so FAST
Soon this dilemma will be over.

Thank you for your replies!!!