PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants NOT included on DDP?

Dream'nDisney
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know off hand which restaurants DO NOT participate in the Disney Dining Plan?

SBETigg
11-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Bistro de Paris, the restaurants in the Swan/Dolphin, Rainforest Cafe, T. Rex, and several of the Downtown Disney area restaurants like Bongos and House of Blues (I think) aren't on the plan. That's all I can come up with for now, but I'm sure there might be more.

One source of confusion at this time of year is that some restaurants are slow to reconfirm officially that they are on the plan, which inevitably leads to some questions and doubts if they are going to be on the plan next year-- but usually if they are on the plan now, they will be next time. Here's the list that are on the plan, at Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp).

Dream'nDisney
11-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Thank you. I have been looking at the listing on Information Central, but it was just overwhelming, and I couldn't think of any missing. Good to know about Rainforest Cafe. We were thinking about going there, but probably won't now since it is not on the DDP.

Scar
11-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Bongos and House of Blues (I think) aren't on the plan.I think I read that Bongos was going on, but not certain.

Gator
11-29-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm surprised that Rain Forest isn't on the list. Especially since they have one just outside AK. Also, their menu looks like it's been thinned down to be on the DDP. At DisneyLand's Rain Forest Cafe, they have several dishes that include 1 or 2 lobsters, which I consider high end. I don't expect them to be on DDP restaurant menu, so I wonder why they're not and why RF isn't on the DDP.

TheRustyScupper
11-30-2010, 05:23 AM
I wonder why they're not and why RF isn't on the DDP.

1) Easy.
2) DDP does not reimburse enough money.
3) More profit when DDP is not in effect.