PDA

View Full Version : Fans to help sleep?

xrayqueen
11-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi there, we are going to CSR on Sunday! WOOHOO! My husband and I are used to sleeping with a fan on for noise. Do the hotels have these to borrow? Any suggestions?

Thanks

:mickey:

Scar
11-28-2010, 09:43 PM
I could be wrong, but to the best of memory, all rooms have ceiling fans.

Melanie
11-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh my goodness, I wish they did. I'm not sure! We were there this weekend (at the Yacht Club) and I forgot my fan. I didn't sleep well all weekend. I didn't even think to ask at the front desk if they had one to borrow.
Hopefully someone will be along with some knowledge on this. :fan:

ETA: If you are looking for noise from a fan, the ceiling fans do nothing in that regard.

mom2morgan
11-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I'd bring along a small one, if you can manage! I know what it's like to try to sleep without white noise!

kemps@wdw
11-28-2010, 11:14 PM
We ALWAYS have to have our fans! Usually pack a portable w/us. Wasn't able to this year as we flew down and had no room in our luggage. Fortunately for us, our room @ the WL had "TURBO FAN" on the ceiling. (I don't think it was suppose to be that way). But, it was just loud enough to mimick our fan at home and fast enough to put out a great breeze! So, tragedy averted! :D

Pirate Granny
11-28-2010, 11:14 PM
CSR has ceiling fans...not too noisy though. I guess you could run the bathroom fan withnthe door shut...that would make noise...

Buttercup
11-28-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't remember the Value's or Moderates having fans. I know the FW Cabins don't either...
Would the fan on the window air-conditioner be enough of "white noise" for you?

Mousemates
11-29-2010, 12:36 AM
We too are among the dedicated "fan sleepers"...we always bring ours with us so I can't give you answer on loaners though...though I would be surprised if they did (if for no other reason that there might be be some kind of liability issue that would come into play with an object that has the potential to nick you up a bit if you stick your toe, tongue or finger in it :D).

Nini
11-29-2010, 01:31 AM
We've stayed at POR several times and they do have ceiling fans, but I don't know about CSR. Mainly what I wanted to say is that the fans in POR (and I would think everywhere else) are adjustable by the chain that hangs down from them. I believe there are three speeds.

Denise

joonyer
11-29-2010, 02:05 PM
I suggest small portable noise machine. Just check around online and find one that makes sounds you like.

readytogo2
11-29-2010, 03:03 PM
we always take a small one with us fits in luggage and costs about 10 dollars at WM

DebK
11-29-2010, 05:50 PM
I always take a sound machine with us....

bostonsam
11-29-2010, 06:23 PM
will be a little hard for the boys and I,as we sleep with our t.v.on to compensate for a fan, but will manage...i'm sure we'll sleep easy from all our activities:cloud9:

DisneyPrincess21
11-29-2010, 10:47 PM
we always take a small one with us fits in luggage and costs about 10 dollars at WM

This is what we have as well. I simply can't sleep without the fan noise, no matter how tired I am, sleep is not happening without that noise. While on the other hand I can not sleep with the sound of the tv on, I usually sleep with it on mute and use it just for the light. :blush:

Look at your local walmart, you should be able to pick up a small fan there. The one we have looks like a miniature box fan, it was around $10 and travels nicely with us on every trip away from home.

dnickels
11-30-2010, 09:17 AM
When I'm in hotels I usually just turn the AC unit to 'fan only' or whatever similar setting it has available. For most units that keeps the fan running constantly and provides plenty of white noise. Not sure if the units at CSR have that but it might be an option.

bostonsam
11-30-2010, 05:06 PM
When I'm in hotels I usually just turn the AC unit to 'fan only' or whatever similar setting it has available. For most units that keeps the fan running constantly and provides plenty of white noise. Not sure if the units at CSR have that but it might be an option.

omg...forgot about that!?thank you for reminding me:)

Melanie
11-30-2010, 05:15 PM
If I'm not mistaken, all the resorts at WDW have central air. It does nothing for those of us needing the white noise of a fan.

Excellent suggestion of getting a cheap, travel size fan from Wal-Mart or the like. I've always put one in my suitcase, and even left mine at Disneyland one time when I bought too many souvenirs for the fan to then fit in my suitcase on the way home. But the $10-$15 spent was well worth it to aid my sleep. I hate total silence!

WDWCrazyKaren
12-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Last year at POR, there were ceiling fans, but they don't make enough noise. Since all four of us sleep with fans, we needed SOME kind of noise. So, we turned on the AC with the fan, and turned it on high so it would stay on. Unfortunately, these are not the types of units that stay on all the time. They run. They stop. They run. They stop. All. Night. Long. Run. Stop. Run. Stop. ARGH! Made for some really long nights. I'm going to bring a fan.

magicofdisney
12-02-2010, 10:56 AM
If I'm not mistaken, all the resorts at WDW have central air. It does nothing for those of us needing the white noise of a fan.

Excellent suggestion of getting a cheap, travel size fan from Wal-Mart or the like. I've always put one in my suitcase, and even left mine at Disneyland one time when I bought too many souvenirs for the fan to then fit in my suitcase on the way home. But the $10-$15 spent was well worth it to aid my sleep. I hate total silence!
POR does not have central air. It had a wall unit under the window. It does have a "high fan" option that creates a white noise. Despite this we still bring a small fan (purchased at WM) for white noise. Our ceiling fan had no chains/strings to make adjustments.

jennbunn
12-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Not the same but on my ipod i got a app that has sounds. I tried the fan one the other night and it did the trick for me. I can not sleep without my fan and I have been freaking about that for our trip.

Luv4WDW
12-03-2010, 02:27 PM
When we stayed at the GF Club Level last June I planned on just using the "fan only" option on the AC. I went and turned it on and... nothing. I thought it wasn't on... nope... they're just too darn efficient! Nearly completely silent! Haha! I was worried at first, but we were SO exhausted by the end of the day that it was fine. Normally, though... I absolutely can NOT be without my fan.

Pirate Granny
12-03-2010, 11:40 PM
The baby rental place rents and will deliver a fan...send a note to Mamabruski and she can send you the link.