PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay?

Bellerella
11-28-2010, 08:20 PM
We are planning a trip for mid December 2011 (probably the 13-20) and we are torn about where we should stay! Originally, we were planning on the Animal Kingdom Lodge, because it is our favorite. But we would kind of like to try out a new resort. We are looking at the Beach Club and the Yacht Club, especially for its Epcot access. Has anyone stayed at these resorts? I know the BC and YC are sister resorts and share ammenties, but which one do you prefer as far as styling and such? Also, how does the ferry drop off to World Showcase work? And what is the standard view like, the description says parking lot, rooftop, or garden view.

Also, I read mid December is not very crowded, was this your experience? :santa3:

Thanks for your input!

Buttercup
11-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I can't be of much help since I've never stayed at any of those 3 resorts, but a girlfriend of mine who visits WDW annually swears by the Yacht Club because of it's proximity to Epcot, and all the other amenities there. So that's what I voted for! :number1:

mom2morgan
11-28-2010, 10:59 PM
I've only visited the three - never stayed. I voted AKL because we'd like to stay there next time - but after reading your post and seeing you'd like something new, I say you can't go wrong with either Beach Club or Yacht Club! I'd actually be hard pressed to get into the differences between these two - but I'd love to try either one :-)

Jillirose
11-29-2010, 06:38 AM
We would always stay at BC, if money wasn't an issue! We love the location and theming (light, bright, whimsical). Also, the pools can't be beat.

We have walked through the yacht club area and ate at the Steakhouse (highly recommended) and felt the amenities are comparable. The vibe/decor at yacht club may be a bit more formal (rich wood tones/darker colors) but essentially they are like two giant wings of the same hotel.

We have only taken the boat to Epcot once, it is much quicker to walk. As far as views, we have always paid to look out over crescent lake and the boardwalk. It's awesome at night, with all of the lights flickering off the lake. There is a small pond and lots of vegetation between the hotel and parking lot, so the parking lot view probably isn't so bad either! Afterall, it depends on how much time you plan to spend in the room.

That being said, we are going out on a limb this year and trying the Dolphin - mainly because I could get a teacher's rate during President's week. 76 days and counting!