PDA

View Full Version : First Timers Trip to WDW--11

lynnek
11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
We all made it to LeCellier for lunch on time. There was a bit of a wait after we checked in. Really like the info the servers give you on their country. The kids found it interesting too—I’m referring to the breadsticks representing the different areas of Canada as well as their grain production. We all liked different breads—DD2 and I got most of the pretzel ones. Yummy! Two of ordered the soup, DS ordered mussels (of course), DD1 ordered the duck meatballs. I found the soup to be salty—the others said I was nuts. DD1 referred to her meatballs as tasting like “nasty meatloaf”….anyway, all the soup and mussels were gone, not so much the meatballs. Entrees were two filets, NY strip and the salmon. Mine was not cooked to my liking, but we always cut into the middle of steak right away to check before the server leaves the table, so she had it back to me in a timely manner, not a problem at all. All were really good! I found it to be large portions—DS was in heaven with his salmon and then my filet and then his sisters’ steak. I think the deluxe dining plan was designed by a teenager. Desserts were fun! DD1 loved her s’mores dessert, very cute presentation. My chocolate whiskey was yummy and large enough to share. DH ordered the crème brulee—surprise, surprise—preferred my cake. DS had a miss with the berry cobbler-like thing. It was exactly what it said on the menu—had an oatmeal topping. He was thinking crumb/cobbler/sweet topping, it was more granolaish(is that a word??) He didn’t suffer, believe me! He helped with the cake and the crème brulee!

After lunch we headed towards Mexico—I had DD2 draped on me again—she had thought my lap was more comfortable at lunch and fallen asleep around dessert. I’m really thinking those high chairs are really uncomfortable for these kids—even with the padding of diapers or pullups. She was very squirmy which really doesn’t happen at home. Also, we decided to get her in and out of the stroller a bit more, so it was slow going—lots of fun though!! She loved the Mariachi band and stood there entranced. Oh, and the maracas. They are displayed at just the right height for a two yr old! What a great pavilion at Mexico! Love the market feel, tons of bright colors and lit up with holiday decorations. After finding just the right maraca—testing every single one, going back to the original purple one and purchasing it, we were on to Norway. I really wish we had done the kids World Adventure on this day instead of the F&W day, since it was a lot less busy! Oh well!

DH and the older went on Maelstrom while I sat outside with DD2 while she enjoyed a frozen strawberry fruit bar—sold at the beer/beverage stand! Was she happy! Another wonderful messy face picture!!:) The others were able to explore Norway a bit, showing DH their challenges etc. We went back through World Showcase, letting the kids find the things they had seen the other day, making purchases, seeing shows they weren’t able to. It was a nice, relaxing walk. We were disappointed at the line, again, at the patisserie in France. DH wanted to get back to the resort so we chose not to wait. Next time, I will get some pastries from France!!!
We were planning on going to the Yachtsman for dinner after resort time and then back to Epcot for rides, but we cancelled our ADR’s and stayed in. The kids wandered around the store at CBR a bit, DD2 partied in the room with Nemo, we went swimming and then ordered counter service meals and took them to the room. Can anyone tell me why the rice krispie treats taste so good there?? Never a fan of that stuff, but when shaped like Mickey ears, yummy! It actually felt good to crash. Another lesson learned—get in enough resort time. I really don’t think we pushed too hard, but with everything, it is exhausting!!

Our final day!! We had changed our plans for this day so many times!! We started with Kona for breakfast. Gotta love there coffee. So we went back to my favorite (the kids second favorite resort). We had 7:35 reservations and really enjoyed the breakfast. We had a few extra dining credits so we asked the server if we could order a meal for DD2 as well. She let us. We ordered the fruit plate. It’s not a fruit plate. It’s half a pineapple filled with melons, kiwi, berries, a banana, pineapple, and grapes. On the side of it is a small loaf of banana bread. DD2’s eyes were as big as saucers—so thrilled!!! :thumbsup:The tonga toast was really good. DS ordered the Big Kahuna and absolutely loved the pineapple sauce on the pancakes. So of course we had to shop here. Found some more apparel marked down, DD2 finally found a Donald Duck she couldn’t live without—a small plush one she could tuck under her arm. That stayed with her until she got back home. DH was looking at the watches again. Almost got him to buy one, but he didn’t at the last minute. Watches seem to be something you really need to purchase when you see it, there are so many at WDW, but finding them online is another story. I know you can call merchandise service, describe an item and they will find it for you, but for me to describe a watch DH thinks he saw is asking for trouble.
We went to Hollywood Studios to ride Rockin’ Rollercoaster and see Beauty and the Beast. DS and I went on RRc. Love this ride!!! Of course I love Aerosmith, but I really like the concept of the ride, the darkness etc. Too short though!! DD1 didn’t want to go because of the corkscrew, upside down thing. While we were on this, the others went and got fast passes for Toy Story Mania. We didn’t have too high of hopes that we would get on it though. The kids wanted to get over to Animal Kingdom again for a last climb on Everest and they kept reminding me I had a date with a dinosaur. We shopped our way over to the Star Wars store—DS is a huge fan, has an amazing amount of this stuff; Dh got him into it early, so he has the original 4 legged walker things, the AT-ST’s etc. He was disappointed this wouldn’t be open this visit, but keeps reminding us it will be, every time we talk about returning. One of my favorite purchases was in this park. DS was looking at the bucket of soldiers—from Toy Story. Smart boy that he is, came and got me, dragged me over to them and discreetly pointed to the shelf next to them---a bucket of Aliens!!! :waycool:I know, very minor characters in the movies, but really, really well-loved by the toddlers!! These things are too cute! There is a simple space ship inside as well, but these little guys hook together. Kind of like a cross between the barrel of monkeys and the toy soldiers. And they hurt just like legos when you step on them!! How can you go wrong!! I let DS have the honor of presenting them to DD2—she squealed and he turned red!!
DS, DH and DD1 were going to spend a bunch of time at the star wars store, so we went to watch Miss Piggy’s fountain. We then wandered over to the Shrunk the Kids playground area. Not what I expected—in a good way, actually. We went in, initially without the others, to get an idea of what it was. Very, very cool! It is all connected, but there is an area off to the right of the humungous Play-doh, that is more calm, and built it seems for the smaller legs. DD2 loved this area. We wandered out, met up with the rest and went right back in. The area to the left is built for all ages and DD1 loved it!! Just a fun area to let kids run and climb!! And then shooting water to wake up the parents! We had ADR’s at SciFi, so we hurried to 50’s Prime Time Café….DH had the map again.:bang: Uhhhggggh! Turned around, gave the map to DS and we went back to SciFi. This ended up being DD1’s favorite. She loved the “cheesy” movies. Loved that the waitress called her “driver” and that she got her license as well as a ticket! Milkshakes were good, burgers and onion rings good. Definitely a fun lunch place! I don’t think I would want to do it for a dinner though.
We decided to see the first afternoon showing of Beauty and the Beast. We were about 20 minutes before showtime and still got decent seats. This was really great!! I love the live shows!! Really neat how they can condense the story line into a half hour. I was amazed though, that as soon as it ended, actually before, people were running out. Like, O.K. onto the next thing. It made for an interesting departure. We couldn’t get out of our row!! Talk about cold shoulder. We took bets on how many people would not let us out. (I know, a bit juvenile, but had to lighten it up a bit!!) This gentleman finally let us out and we were walking up the steps and DD1 says to me—“they get out fast passes to Toy Story”—good idea!!! We were planning on leaving HS, since our fast passes couldn’t be used for another hour, we wouldn’t be able to get to it this trip. (it was getting busy, it was a Fantasmic day, so we just wanted out of this park) DD1 gave the passes to that family. Being nice does have benefits!!
Off to Animal Kingdom again. This was beginning to feel like park hopping and it made me think of a one day trip somebody on Intercot made recently—all the parks in one day!!

pdrlkr
11-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

realtreebar
11-29-2010, 10:42 AM
thank you for sharing:mickey:

faline
11-29-2010, 12:06 PM
What an enjoyable day!

RedSoxFan
11-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Another great day!!:mickey:

2MuchWDFun
11-29-2010, 05:24 PM
What a wonderful final day! I love how everyone in your family just goes with the flow. I'm going to look for the bucket-o-aliens when we're there next month, they sound so cute. Can't wait to read your final thoughts.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Great day

Joannelet
12-02-2010, 08:54 AM
The bucket of aliens sounds so neat!!!
My DS2 would love it!!!
I love reading your trip reports to see what you did with your 2 year old. My son was there 2x's prior to walking (he was a late walker). So it is interesting to read the things that he can do now that he can walk around etc. :) So I thank you for writing about your 2 year old!
I cannot wait to go back. He just turned 2.
Thanks for the report!

lynnek
12-02-2010, 04:29 PM
We were unsure of how our 2 yr old would react to a lot of things--like the characters etc. Going for the first time, I really didn't know what to expect with the rides either. It was nice to be able to preview them--with the parks not being too busy that worked. You vterans at least have an idea!!!

vizsla
12-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the report.

Suz36
12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Breakfast at Kona sounds delicious. I originally had an ADR there, but cancelled it thinking it would be too much of a hassle to get there early enough so that it wouldn't cut into park time. I may have to reconsider! The bucket of Aliens does sound great - I have a friend who would love them! Do you remember exactly which store at DHS you found them?

lynnek
12-07-2010, 02:47 PM
The Aliens were at the store in HS right next to Beauty and the Beast--can't remember the name. After purchasing them, we did see them again at our resort, CBR and at Mission Space.

KylesMom
12-09-2010, 09:28 AM
What a couple of last whirlwind days for your family. Just too funny that DH leads you to Prime Time instead of Sci-Fi. You'll need to make a point of hiding the maps next trip! :D It sounds like, for the most part, your dining experiences have been great! :mickey:

Katzateer
12-09-2010, 10:51 AM
My husband loved the pineapple sauce on the pancakes at Kona's also.

Sounds like your trip is going great.

Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: