PDA

View Full Version : Our (almost) Christmas Vacation--Pre-trip report

tinksmom02
11-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Why do anything around the house when you can post a pre-trip report? :blush:

DH says he doesn't want to be tied to an itinerary, so I'd love your opinion on how this'll play out!

Cast of characters:
Me, certified Disney nut
DH, Disney nut but won't admit it
DD, 8
Our friends Jenn and Ant
their kids, Ant, 8, and the Moose, 3 1/2

Arriving to CSR late Wednesday evening, don't plan on doing anything but settling in. We'll have 6 days of PH tix and DDP.

Thursday: no plans until late afternoon--dinner in France and then CP after that. Am thinking about heading to MK for the morning, and then over to Epcot.

Friday: no plans until dinner at Kona.

Saturday: Personally, I would like to avoid MK during the filming of the Christmas parade at all costs. All I have planned for today is dinner at Via Napoli. Will probably spend the day in Epcot.

Sunday: Hollywood Studios day, late lunch at 50's PTC and then Osborne Lights. I am NOT leaving DHS until I finally get to ride Rock N Roller Coaster.

Monday: Breakfast at 'Ohana, no plans for the day, dinner at Wolfgang Puck's

Tuesday: Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (planning on paying OOP as we're over 1 meal), no plans for day, MVMCP that evening.

Wednesday: we leave (wayyyy too early; our flight got changed).

I really want to take it slow this trip, explore the decorations at the resorts and the parks. Right now no one wants to go to AK, but I *kind of* want to see the park done up for the holidays. I plan on finding Jim Shore at some point (he'll be at DTD & Epcot for a few days during our trip) and I would LOVE to head over to POR one evening to see Bob Jackson. Other than that, I don't think it's that structured, is it?

Thoughts? Only 3 days & 5 hours to go!

Disney Hungarian
11-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Even the best plans can get laid to waste on a trip to WDW. I like the looseness of your plans. I counted 7 people in your group. With that many together you will probably find flexibility a key to a magical trip. Stick to your guns on the RnR though. It's a hoot.:mickey:

tinksmom02
11-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Even the best plans can get laid to waste on a trip to WDW. I like the looseness of your plans. I counted 7 people in your group. With that many together you will probably find flexibility a key to a magical trip. Stick to your guns on the RnR though. It's a hoot.:mickey:

Yeah, there are 7 of us going, but it's our 3rd trip together so we know what to expect from each other! And Jenn is with me regarding RnR...it seems there's something to thwart our plans to ride it every. Single. Trip. :mickey:

Disney4us2
11-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Have a great time.:mickey:

We will be there the at the same time. :wave:

faline
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
It's such a fun time to be at Disney World! Enjoy your trip! Sometimes things work out much better when you just go with the flow!

Pirate Granny
11-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Make sure you take time to go over to AKL and WL to see the trees and decorations. Plan to spend one night at the a beach and go to the campfire,marshmellows and movies on the beach...they are at GF, YC and Camp Wilderness...I'm sure others will let us know if there are others...
Enjoy, we'll be there on the 16th for four nights to take in the decorations and holiday spirit.
:pirate:

RedSoxFan
11-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Have a great vacation.:mickey:

tinksmom02
11-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Have a great time.:mickey:

We will be there the at the same time. :wave:

Hope you have a great time, too!

MariMouse
11-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me! We'll be there the 7th and I plan on seeing as many decorations as possible! I have also opted not to go to Animal Kingdom. We really like EPCOT and since we're at the BWV, we can go often. Have a great trip!:thumbsup:

2MuchWDFun
11-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Your plans look great---looks like you'll be playing it by ear:mickey: for most of your vacation!

My only recommendation is getting to DHS early so you can go on Toy Story Midway Mania (or get a fastpass for later)--this ride is a lot of fun! Once you ride or get fastpasses for TSMM then you can run on over to RnR (stopping at Starring Rolls on the way for a fabulous cupcake--check out the butterfinger cupcake).
Have fun.
Merry Christmas!

Suz36
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Sounds great to me! When we took our Christmas trip in 2007 my plan was to see as many decorations and holiday shows as possible, and have normal rides just be a bonus. When we got down to it, the draw of the rides was just too much and I felt like we missed out on so much Christmas stuff. So I am just dying to get back at Christmas time! I think it's a great idea to visit the resorts and take your time. Have a magical vacation!

tinksmom02
11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me! We'll be there the 7th and I plan on seeing as many decorations as possible! I have also opted not to go to Animal Kingdom. We really like EPCOT and since we're at the BWV, we can go often. Have a great trip!:thumbsup:

No one has actually come right out and SAID we're not going to AK, but it's not very high on the list of priorities LOL

Your plans look great---looks like you'll be playing it by ear:mickey: for most of your vacation!

My only recommendation is getting to DHS early so you can go on Toy Story Midway Mania (or get a fastpass for later)--this ride is a lot of fun! Once you ride or get fastpasses for TSMM then you can run on over to RnR (stopping at Starring Rolls on the way for a fabulous cupcake--check out the butterfinger cupcake).
Have fun.
Merry Christmas!

Yeah, I know the TSM drill--last year we were there before rope drop and I hoofed it over to get FP for everyone. Then we stood in the standby lane. THEN the ride broke down LOL We never did ride it that trip! And I've HEARD about the butterfinger cupcake--will definitely check THAT out!

Sounds great to me! When we took our Christmas trip in 2007 my plan was to see as many decorations and holiday shows as possible, and have normal rides just be a bonus. When we got down to it, the draw of the rides was just too much and I felt like we missed out on so much Christmas stuff. So I am just dying to get back at Christmas time! I think it's a great idea to visit the resorts and take your time. Have a magical vacation!

Yeah, well, TODAY I'm saying we're focusing on the decorations...you'll have to follow my trip reports to see how THAT plan works out :santa3:

Thanks, all!