PDA

View Full Version : Need a Fast answer booking tomorrow...Chef Mickeys vs Ohanas for breakfast???

stitch34
11-27-2010, 07:23 PM
We have never done either one of these for breakfast before and I know from reading that chef mickeys has alot to offer but was wanting Ohanas more but worried if I would like their food selection which makes me nervous any recent visitors that knows what the all offer for breakfast cause they didnt list alot on the online menus...Please help booking tomorrow...

Suz36
11-27-2010, 07:40 PM
The menus here in Info Central are accurate from what I can remember. If you're looking for variety, Chef Mickey's definitely has a much larger selection. Ohana's is served family style, thus the limited selection. I definitely preferred Ohana's - the food was delicious, and it was a much more relaxed meal since we didn't have to get up to go to a buffet and risk missing the characters (that always stresses me out!) I guess it all depends on what your priority is, food selection vs. character interaction. Hope this helps! Good luck getting your ADRs tomorrow!

Melanie
11-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Two very different breakfasts!!

We prefer Ohana, hands down. Quiet, family-style (brought to table so you don't have to worry about missing characters) and we love the food offerings. Basics such as scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, breads, etc. Best thing is the juice. SO good! It's the same juice they offer at Tusker House breakfast at Animal Kingdom (Jambo Juice). Characters are Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. There is a parade lead by Lilo and Stitch, which is great fun for the kiddos.

Chef Mickey's is loud and energetic. Buffet, therefore more offerings. Characters are Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Pluto. Haven't been back for many years, as it's just not a family favorite. Many, many folks love it. Just a little too crazy for us early morning. Been meaning for awhile to eat dinner here, as it may be a whole different experience.

gerald72
11-27-2010, 08:26 PM
I'd say the biggest difference is buffet (chef Mickey) vs family style (ohana).
Mickey is at both (I don't know how he does it).

buzznwoodysmom
11-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Without a doubt Ohana's, for so many reasons.

First of all we prefer the family style dining to buffets. Its just easier with kids. I find that when our kids were younger I'd have a very hard time eating anything warm because by the time I got everyone else served and myself served someone wanted something else. At Ohana's the food is brought to your table therefor everyone gets to eat (food that is still hot) at the same time.

We also like this because you don't have to worry about being away from the table when the characters come around.

My kids enjoy the fun activities at Ohana's much more than the napkin waving at Chef Mickey's.

And last, but definitely not least is the food. Chef Mickey's may have more options, but we've consistantly found the food at Ohana's to be much better. The eggs are so good, and the juice......Love the juice! We've always felt the food at Ohana's was much fresher and just better than the food at Chef Mickey's.

Oh, I forgot to add that we also like Ohana's because its quieter. Chef Mickey's can get really loud and chaotic for some reason. Ohana's seems calmer.

Sylvia
11-28-2010, 01:46 AM

Pixie Dust :pixie: and Magic :magic:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
11-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Ohana's for me! Much more relaxed and a beautiful view!

fatboy
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Chef Mickeys is way over rated imho.
Ohans Hands down!!:D:thumbsup:

Buttercup
11-28-2010, 12:08 PM
:ditto: :mickey:
I love Chef Mickeys, especially when we're lucky enough to have a view of the Astro Orbiters and the castle! :thumbsup:

txdisneyfanatic
11-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Chef Mickey's is TERRIFIC!!!:mickey:

wire0monkey
11-28-2010, 04:39 PM
I'd much rather go to any buffet than Ohanas for breakfast because my family likes more variety. We're just not into the Ohnas breakfast menu and the breakfast buffet menus at Disney are huge and generally good quality.

I also prefer breakfast buffets because I don't have to wait for a server to bring food. I can immediately walk up to the buffet with my child, load a plate with what the child chooses, and the child can start eating immediately. No waiting is a beautiful thing.

My husband and I each take one child the buffet. Then one parent waits with the children at the table while the other gets a plate. Then we switch. I've never had a problem with cold food.

stitch34
11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks for all the input this helped out greatly we picked one and got the perfect time this morning...I would post which one we picked but it is a surprise for grandpas birthday and he is a member on here too and snoops on my questions so I want to keep it a surprise to the one we picked...thanks again!:mickey: