PDA

View Full Version : Arriving at diff times & check in

angua85
11-27-2010, 07:06 AM
My daugher is joining me as my guest for my upcoming trip to WDW. She is flying down from the East Coast and I am flying in from the Land of Ice & Snow (Michigan). Although our flight reservations would appear to have us arrive at the same time, it will be winter and I know I will be weather-delayed and thus later.

Should she check in when she arrives? Or will they require a credit card (which would be mine as the trip is my gift)? If I do online check in, will that help things out? We have the DDP, so once checked in, she can eat/rest until mother nature allows my plane to arrive.

Thanks in advance!

BugeyedMuggy
11-27-2010, 07:46 AM
We have done online check-in and they do not ask for the card upon arrival. Just if you want to use the same card. As long as her name is on the room I could see no problem. She will need to show ID. I am sure if you call they can give you a definate answer as I would hate to mislead you. They may say the primary on the card needs to be there but honestly I can't see why.

Strmchsr
11-27-2010, 07:49 AM
You can do online check-in and enter your cc info that way. What I'm not sure about is them allowing her to go ahead and check-in without you if your name is the one on the reservation. I think it can happen, but I was thinking the main person had to be there and show their photo id. I'm not sure about that, though.

Buttercup
11-27-2010, 10:28 AM
We do this all the time with our relatives.
You can check in however you like: online, in person, whatever.
Then when she arrives at the resort, she will go in to the lobby and tell them she's checking in to her room - where you guys already have checked in. They will have her name as well on the reservation (because you have to give the names of everyone staying in your room), and will be able to tell her what room you're in. :thumbsup:
They won't need a credit card or anything from her if you've already checked in.

BUT, if you're thinking she will be getting there before you, then yes, you should do online check-in. Then she can just show up, get the key to the room and be waiting for you when you get there.

teambricker04
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Its been a while since my family has been, but usually I travel with our two DSs and then my DH hops on a flight after he is done with work. He has always booked everything under his name, his card and it has never been a problem at check in for us! If you are still feeling unsure, call and make sure WDW notes it on your reservation.

:) What a nice gift! Have fun!

MushuGrl
12-09-2010, 08:03 PM
If her name is on the reservation, it will be no problem for her to check in. My sister and I taken several trips with our best friend (We're from Tennessee, he's from Nevada) - he always got there first, and though we made the actual reservations and it was on her Disney Visa, he was always checked in and rested up by the time we got there.