PDA

View Full Version : When do you pay balance of room?

andrew&ryansmommy
11-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I booked our rooms through AAA, and put 1 night deposit for each room. Is balance due upon arrival or can I pay at departure? If it's due at arrival, any chance of being able to pay on last day? MY DH gets paid while we're there and money is super tight...very bad planning on our part :(

chrim
11-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Based on your deposit being the cost of one room night, it sounds like you have a room only reservation (no dining package added). Disney, unfortunately, will charge your credit or debit card immediately when you check in for the remaining cost of your room(s). The morning of check out, they will charge your card for any additional purchases you have made and charged to your room.

It might be possible to pay for your room, at check-in, with a personal check, but I don't know how fast WDW will try to deposit it. (They could try a nearly immediate electronic deposit, after all.)

I'm sorry to have bad news for you.

queenmom9497
11-27-2010, 06:41 AM
We have booked each of our trips through AAA and the balance of the trip (flights, rooms, dining, etc) has always been due before the travel dates. I believe it was 60 days before the trip.

Strmchsr
11-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Room only balance is due at check-in. Package balance is due 45 days before arrival.

CleveRocks
11-27-2010, 08:31 AM
2 different types of Disney resort reservations: package and room-only.

A package is a bundled purchase of room + park tickets, and at your option can also include a dining plan. A deposit of $200 must be paid within 7 days of making the reservation (immediately if done online), and the balance is due no later than 45 days before arrival.

A room-only reservation is just that, a room and nothing else. A deposit equal to one night's room rate + tax must be paid within 7 days of making the reservation (immediately if done online), and the balance is due at time of check-in. They won't "automatically" charge your credit card at check-in, they'll ask how you want to pay your balance. But your balance is absolutely due IN FULL before they hand over your room keys. You will NOT be permitted to wait to pay for the room until later.

At check-in, you can set up a room charge if you like. You can do this with a credit card, branded debit card, cash, travelers checks, or Disney gift cards. You DO NOT have to present a credit or debit card at check-in for "security" or "incidentals" or anything like that. You can check into and out of a Disney resort without ever showing or giving a credit/debit card ... Disney is one of the very few hoteliers that operates this way. If you want to set up express check-out, THEN you'll need a credit/debit card.