PDA

View Full Version : What month? My dilemma....

mom2morgan
11-26-2010, 10:05 PM
We've been twice, both times in early-mid December. I LOVE it but it has never been warm enough to go to the water parks, and my hubby is really wanting to try some warmer weather. So here is what I've managed to narrow down. I'm a teacher, so that makes September, January, and June impossible (start up and semester end). We went to DLR in July last year and I really found the crowds very difficult to cope with, so low crowds are a top priority - that lets out July and August. I'm sure February is bound to be cold, so that won't help with hubby's desire for heat and water parks. March is "do-able", but I'm assuming everyone has a different Spring Break schedule so it is likely to get very busy mid=March through Easter or so. SOOO.....here are my options: October, November, Early March, or May. Considering nice weather and low crowds, what would you recommend?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-26-2010, 11:24 PM
We've been twice in early-mid May and loved it.

The weather is warm, but not crazy hot, and crowds weren't too bad either.

Twinsowner
11-27-2010, 04:59 AM
I would think may also for your choices. October would be 2nd.

PetefromRI
11-27-2010, 07:13 AM
We usually go every May during the first week.The crowds aren't crazy yet and the weather is pretty hot,enough to swim all day and night.It doesn't rain much and the real humid weather isn't a factor yet.May is the month to go!

BugeyedMuggy
11-27-2010, 07:31 AM
We have been in both May & Oct. May you have F&GF which is really nice. Epcot is beautiful. The weather is nice, mid 80's. But early October with the W&FF is our favorite. The weather is also 80-90's. Either way you can't go wrong.

BTM
11-27-2010, 08:44 AM
We have been in both May and Oct. The temps are about the same 80-90+. May is nice but seems to be a little more crowded (still not bad). May has Flower and Garden at Epcot and Star Wars Weekends usually start in late May. Oct has Food and Wine and MNSSHP (which is great). We love both months. Its a personal choice but I would say Oct has the edge for us.

cer
11-27-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd say May.

mom2morgan
11-27-2010, 12:11 PM
I had about decided October, until another little wrench was thrown in last night. My daughter will be off to college next year, and so if we go in October she won't be able to come with us, but if we go in May her term will be done and she can go. Apparently she really wants to go, although with a young adult a lot can change in a year. At any rate, you've made me feel a lot better about early May :-)

faline
11-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Even before I read about your daughter, I'd also suggest early May! It's a great time to visit!

MyDisneyworld
12-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Our favorite time of year is October. You get the warm days to swim and the cool evenings where you may need a light jacket. Kind of the best of both worlds. Good luck planning your trip.

megustamex
12-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Another vote for May! The earlier the better - it starts to get steamy hot towards mid-late May. But of course that is great for the water parks!

Tick-Tock
12-07-2010, 06:37 PM
May is our favorite time of the year. We've been in October too and enjoyed it, but it seemed more humid--and it's hurricane season.

buzznwoodysmom
12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Another vote for May here. May is perfect weather for the water parks. If you can the earlier in May the better crowd wise. We've been at the end of May and the closer we got to Memorial Day weekend the more the crowds picked up.