PDA

View Full Version : Thankful For WDW

SandmanGStefani24
11-25-2010, 10:16 PM
I gave thanks for many things today, but saved my WDW thanks for now. :thumbsup:

I am thankful that there is still one place where people are good to eachother, and you can trust that the little ones can and will be safe on their own.
I am thankful that there is a place I can go where everything goes away for a while and I can enjoy being a kid again.
I am thankful that I can meet people from all over the world and eat foods from those places without the 12 hr flight...
I am thankful for rides where the child next to me is just as excited as I am and the adult behind me won't look at me strangely for being so...
I'm even thankful for the slightly long drive to WDW from the airport, making me feel even more disconnected from the real world ; and then the welcome to WDW sign for letting me know I'm there.

I'm thankful for WDW.
And I'm sure some of you are too...:D

ibrowse17
11-25-2010, 10:36 PM
:ditto:

Count me as another that is thankful for WDW, and for all of the memories made there:thumbsup:

Gator
11-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Someone asked me today what I wanted for Christmas - since tomorrow's black Friday. I said "How about something I can wear to Disney World." And then I got that look. You know, the look of those who don't get the whole WDW thing.

grumpyguy
11-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Me too:thumbsup:

Insanity Clause
11-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Someone asked me today what I wanted for Christmas - since tomorrow's black Friday. I said "How about something I can wear to Disney World." And then I got that look. You know, the look of those who don't get the whole WDW thing.

Oh, I know that look well. That is the look I get when I tell my sister and parents that I am going to Disney World for a week, "A week? Whatever will you do there for a week?" My answer...Anything I want and not nearly enough. Our vacations usually consist of us visiting my inlaws and while I love visiting with this that is not a vacation, I still have to clean and cook and be mom. And while I still have to be mom, I am less mom and more just an older playmate, where they get a glimpse at the kid I used to be and wish I still was. I think that is the real magic of WDW.

Twilight
11-26-2010, 06:15 PM
:exactly:
I am with all of you!

I am thankful for a place were you can act like a kid again and not feel stupid. I happily hugged characters and got there autographs.

I am thankful for meeting some of the nicest and most helpful people castmembers and other visitors.

I am thankful for the excitmevt WDW brings to all!:mickey:

rkmemkc
11-26-2010, 06:46 PM
I am thankful for so much and while my family and friends gather to break bread we do focus on what is important....but oh I know 'that look'! After the meal we all sit around and talk (and have some wine).
We are going down in 10 days AGAIN and the looks that move around the room are laughable at this point!! I agree with the original post...every word of it!
I am truly thankful for WDW ... a pleasant escape into the Magic!.
I am also thankful for a place (online) I can go and feel that its ok to be one of the Intercot family. We are not wrong...they just don't get it. And thank goodness for that...because it just weeds out the negativity in the parks! :D
Ok....I am climbing down off my soapbox now.
Hee hee.

A Big Kid
11-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Really? On the my list of things to be thankful for, WDW is way down there.

SandmanGStefani24
11-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Really? On the my list of things to be thankful for, WDW is way down there.

you'll notice i said i had many other things, and that i saved this for last...:rolleyes:

and afterall, this is a WDW forum!

EPCOTcoffeegirl
12-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I am thankful that some of my earliest lucid memories are of Dumbo, Pirates, and Dreamfinder.

I am thankful that my parents turned into kids there too, and that my da would dance down mainstreet, literally kiss the ground, hold me up to kiss Mickey on the nose, and get the whole boat singing "Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirates life for me!"

I am thankful that my brother, whose name is (I am NOT kidding) Disney, and who has autism, loves every single thing about the 'World, and can enjoy it fully thanks to wonderful CMs and the disability protocols that are in place there.

I am thankful that while in college, I got to BE one of those CMs--QSFB Hostess at the AA/Outdoor Foods. I sold lemonades during Blast II Shockwave, beer during food and wine, gingerbread and cocoa during Christmas, and ended every single night by listening to "Good evening, and welcome..."

I am thankful for those precious memories with my wonderful Papa, as he left us in 2008.

I say all of these things because, in three weeks, my mum, brother, and I will be spending Christmas Week in the World and this trip is about so many special things--old memories and making new ones.

I hope I haven't rambled too much!

Thank you WDW for being -home- :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
12-05-2010, 09:13 AM
you'll notice i said i had many other things, and that i saved this for last...:rolleyes:

and afterall, this is a WDW forum!

Amen to your post!! P.S. no need to explain yourself to the "haters" out there. I have no idea why half of them come to this site! Nothing but complaining about this or that, or that a particular CM didnt bow down to them!! Great post!!:mickey:

plutosnana
12-05-2010, 10:05 AM
WDW rocks! I'm thankful for WDW for the coolest vacation!

:goofy:

andywicks
12-06-2010, 09:43 AM
I am thankful for all of the wonderful WDW holidays that I have experienced with my wonderful family!

I am thankful that I stand each visit watching Wishes fireworks a remarking that it is just like the Disney TV show from when I was a child and that I never thought that I would ever have the opportunity to see this in real life with my wonderful wife and children!!!!:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Ksmith75
12-06-2010, 10:00 AM
I have alot to be thankful for as well. And yes, I am thankful for WDW.

I am thankful that my husband and I can get away from our every day lives for 10 days and just be kids again and have a blast.

I am thankful for the smile that my husband has when we get there. I am thankful when I see how happy my husband is hi-five - ing the characters.

It is a happy place....and yes, we have people in our lives - whether it be family or friends or coworkers that give us that look when we talk about it...and I am thankful that those people dont go to to Walt Disney World.

Janmac
12-06-2010, 05:35 PM
I too am thankful for Disney - perhaps the whole company as much as Disney World.

I too have a memory of a parent - my mother - becoming carefree and happy (once in her life as I knew her) because of a Disney experience - albeit at Disneyland. Because of her unabashedly enthusiastic and spontaneous reaction to Pirates of the Caribbean, not long after it opened at Disneyland, I developed a deep and abiding appreciation for Disney Magic.

My mother never got the chance to visit Disney World but that's okay too. I cannot visit WDW in general and particularly MK, Adventureland and PotC without thinking of that special night we first rode PotC.

I have come to believe that Disney - in the form of movies and the Wonderful World of Disney on all those Sunday nights - is responsible for my becoming a foster parent, something which no one else in all my extended family has done. This feeling of needing to open our home to others not as fortunate had to come from somewhere. I'd like to say thank you to all those who foster or adopt kids who need nurturing. :thumbsup:

And I'm very thankful that there is a Walt Disney World. Some of my family are such workaholics that they seldom take time off for anything, except getting together at Disney. I can't say how much I appreciate being able to create special memories with extended family - because of Disney and the Magic. Yeah, certain aspects of the parks aren't what they were, but they still have the power to draw those obsessed with work.

And thank you to SandmanGStefani24 for posting this.

Jan

Mousemates
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Amen to your post!! P.S. no need to explain yourself to the "haters" out there. I have no idea why half of them come to this site! Nothing but complaining about this or that, or that a particular CM didnt bow down to them!! Great post!!:mickey:

I haven't seen any true "hater comments" in this thread, (unless something got "moderated out" for a comment now unseen). About the only thing I saw that even came vaguely close to being negative was A Big Kid's comment that implied WDW was (in his view of the grand scheme of life) considerably lower on his list of things to be thankful than the list of the original poster. Just my opinion-- but a statement as mild as that one is a far cry from a hater post.

SandmanGStefani24
12-08-2010, 01:34 AM
the only thing I saw that even came vaguely close to being negative was A Big Kid's comment that implied WDW was (in his view of the grand scheme of life) considerably lower on his list of things to be thankful than the list of the original poster.

OMG guys, I thought this would be the last place i would have to explain myself about this topic!!

Obviously health, family, friends, jobs, love, friendship, world peace, ect are before WDW.:rolleyes: Can't i just express some gratitude for something I love that doesn't have monetary value?? This is a DISNEY forum! We're not here to discuss priorities or anything other than WDW topics. I was simply stating to people who I thought would understand how I felt about WDW, not saying it was any better or worse than anything else.

If you disagree or have a different point of view feel free to hit the BACK button and look at another post. Those who got my message and didn't take it so dang seriously feel free to tell us what you appreciate about WDW. Let's make this a positive post, and not a negative one...

cannotbelieveweowndvc
12-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I too am thankful for so many things and yes Disney is on that list. Thankful I live close enough to go everyday if I choose to. Thankful for owning DVC. Thankful for all the great times all our trips have brought us. Soo many things. Disney is my happy place and I love it very much. God, Family, Disney, what else is there? lol

TheVBs
12-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Coming in late on this one, but we are very thankful for WDW too! :mickey: We are trying to make a habit out of being thankful everyday, and there are so many things that make our list, including the incredible memories we've made on past trips, and the fun we're having looking forward to the next one. Anything that puts a smile on our faces and lightens our hearts is most certainly worthy of being thankful for. :cloud9:

lightyearfan
12-16-2010, 10:42 AM
me and dw couldnt agree more, we love WDW and r going to do our taxes early this year so that we can book our trip asap with our refund we can't wait

victor

Ms. Mode
12-17-2010, 09:42 AM
I too am thankful for so many things and yes Disney is on that list. Thankful I live close enough to go everyday if I choose to. Thankful for owning DVC. Thankful for all the great times all our trips have brought us. Soo many things. Disney is my happy place and I love it very much. God, Family, Disney, what else is there? lol

I'm thankful that my family loves WDW as much as I do! I wish I lived closer...I think I'm jealous. :)

God, family, Disney and the job that helps to pay for the WDW vacation. :thumbsup:

finaldynasty
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Well stated...I am thankful for Walt's vision, and how consistent WDW is...rides may change, but the magic won't. Thanks, Roy and Walt!

I gave thanks for many things today, but saved my WDW thanks for now. :thumbsup:

I am thankful that there is still one place where people are good to eachother, and you can trust that the little ones can and will be safe on their own.
I am thankful that there is a place I can go where everything goes away for a while and I can enjoy being a kid again.
I am thankful that I can meet people from all over the world and eat foods from those places without the 12 hr flight...
I am thankful for rides where the child next to me is just as excited as I am and the adult behind me won't look at me strangely for being so...
I'm even thankful for the slightly long drive to WDW from the airport, making me feel even more disconnected from the real world ; and then the welcome to WDW sign for letting me know I'm there.

I'm thankful for WDW.
And I'm sure some of you are too...:D