PDA

View Full Version : adding somebody to a room reservation

srr
11-25-2010, 09:54 AM
I have a reservation at AKLodge for two annual passholders with the Dining option. a third person might join us for part of the stay, but won't know until it happens. If he doesn't do the dining plan, will there be an extra room charge for the third person? or, can we add him to the dining plan as well? he does not have an annual pass. I seem to get different answers from different Disney reservation cast members when i call...

AND - should I use the on-line check in service, or wait until we get there to check in due to this possible extra person?

Pirate Granny
11-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Everyone in the same room MUST have the same number of dining plan credits. Your room rate is for an AP rate...no credit for an AP for any type of dining plan...so it doesn't matter if your extra guest has an AP or not. You will be charged $25 a night fee for an extra adult in the room...UNLESS you are a DVC room...which an AP doesn't get any deals in a DVC reservation.

DizneyRox
11-25-2010, 11:34 AM
If you add them before, they will get the DDP for the entire length of the reservation (and you'll pay for it). If you add them at check-in (or when they arrive) it's just an extra nights room charge.

If they are an unknown, wait until the last minute.

Zone Stop
11-25-2010, 01:27 PM
If they are an unknown, wait until the last minute.

This is exactly right.

TammiMcMan
11-25-2010, 10:20 PM
As DisneyRox stated, it will be easier for you to just add them when/if they're able to come. That way, they are simply "room only", they don't have to be on the same package and would pay out of pocket for dining.

In regards to online check-in, if your guest is not arriving until later in the week, it's fine to use that option. You can go to the front desk and just add him to the room when he gets there. If you need to add a guest at the same time you're checking in, use the regular registration line.

javamama
11-26-2010, 08:28 PM
From past experience if they're there for a few days just don't him at all. Otherwise like stated they pay what you pay, the entire ddp you pay. We've had this happen before, we just had my sister stay in the room the first time and the second time we did add her the whole stay.

DizneyRox
11-26-2010, 09:45 PM
From past experience if they're there for a few days just don't him at all. Otherwise like stated they pay what you pay, the entire ddp you pay. We've had this happen before, we just had my sister stay in the room the first time and the second time we did add her the whole stay.
Wrong answer... All guests must be registered at the front desk. When you add them is totally different. Skirting the system to avoid fees, etc, is against the rules here as well as at WDW.

magicofdisney
11-26-2010, 10:14 PM
In order for your guest to get the DDP, you must add them in advance. I believe it's something like 3 days in advance. If you add them after this time frame, the DDP is unavailable to them (just in case you want them to have it). If they do sign up for the DDP, it must be for the entire length of stay. I agree with DizneyRox that you should wait until you know for sure to avoid unwanted charges.