PDA

View Full Version : MCO to Kouzzina in time for dinner?

srr
11-25-2010, 09:51 AM
We'll be flying in to MCO on Sunday 11/28. flight gets in at 5:45pm. if all runs on time, can we get to AK Lodge, check-in, and still make a 7:55pm dinner time at Kouzzina? Should we take Magical express, or just get a cab?

Pirate Granny
11-25-2010, 11:10 AM
If it's close I would ask if you could take the ME to boardwalk, eat, and then take a bus to whichever park is open and transfer to AKL or take a cab from the restaurant.

Have a great trip

Ed
11-25-2010, 11:19 AM
We'll be flying in to MCO on Sunday 11/28. flight gets in at 5:45pm. if all runs on time, can we get to AK Lodge, check-in, and still make a 7:55pm dinner time at Kouzzina? Should we take Magical express, or just get a cab?

That's going to be tight. Remember that the 5:45 refers to the time the plane touches the runway; you've still got to taxi to the gate, fight the crowd getting off the plane, and making your way via the tram from the gate area to the main terminal. If you're not going to take DME, you've then got to wait for and pick up your luggage then get down one more floor to ground transportation. After that, it's about a 40 minute ride to WDW. If you're taking DME, they'll take care of the luggage part, but you'll still have to check in at the DME counter, then wait in line to board your bus. Once the bus gets rolling, again it's about 40 minutes. Once on property, if you're lucky the bus will stop at AK first; if you're NOT lucky, it will be the last stop. Then you've got to check in, get your luggage settled, freshen up, and find your way to the Boardwalk for your ressie, either by cab or Disney bus.

Bottom line = it's unlikely you'd make it on time, regardless of which form of transportation you use.

faline
11-25-2010, 12:35 PM
I agree with Ed - not enough time to make that reservation.

srr
11-25-2010, 12:59 PM
thanks everybody! I cancelled the res, and was lucky to find one at 9pm for HS; which is where we want to be anyway for XMagicHrs.