PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tree time!

plutosnana
11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Do you have your christmas tree ready for christmas? Planning on it? Vote please!
:tree::santa3::santa:

:goofy:

RedSoxFan
11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
The tree is not up yet; but I plan on having it up this weekend along with the holiday decorations, etc.

Carol
11-24-2010, 10:07 PM
No :tree: .

Leaving for Disneyland in a few days. We'll put it up the weekend of the 11th after I return.

We get a real tree - so do not put it up too early as we don't take it down until New Years.

jennbunn
11-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Not till this weekend. I have purchased a few new ornaments for the tree though. :tree:

ibrowse17
11-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Not yet for us. We get ours the week after Thanksgiving:tree:

Disney4us2
11-25-2010, 12:15 AM
Ours comes out of the box tomorrow for a Thanksgiving day set up. Love to do this to the Macy's parade.

Mousefever
11-25-2010, 03:44 AM
Typically we get started on the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving. This year, however, we are having hardwood flooring installed on the main floor starting the day after Thanksgiving. It won't be completed until sometime next week, so we will hold off with the Christmas decorating until then.

As an aside, I have to tell you that I'm incredibly excited to have our floors done! The carpet in the living room is incredibly old and stained. Likewise, the tile in the kitchen NEVER looks clean and is crumbling in parts. I'm very thankful that we are able to have hardwood installed!

Amy

Dragongirlx
11-25-2010, 03:52 AM
We never put our tree up until December. This year it's going up on December 3rd:tree:

TinkerbellsMom
11-25-2010, 06:13 AM
We're putting up the tree and decorating this weekend. This is completely out of tradition for us as were moving everything up 2 weeks and even bought a fake tree - but my family thinks it will be well worth it...see we're traveling to this place called Disney on Dec. 10th to celebrate the holidays early with a mouse.... :santa:

Jeff
11-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Outside decorations are up (I did that last weekend while it was still mild temps here!)

Tree will go up Friday after Thanksgiving

plutosnana
11-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Either I'm an early bird, or I have some pretty dumb posts. :blush:

:goofy:

Dznygrl79
11-25-2010, 03:55 PM
In the past we have put up the tree nov 25 no matter what! The tree has to be down before the New Year because mom is a little superstitious and believes its bad luck to have a reminder of last year up when the new year arrives. Last year I waited to the last minuite we got the tree down by midnight but it was close.This year mom and I hace decided to scale back a bit and are going to buy a little Charlie Brown or table top tree. As I type the chairs and plates and table decorations are coming out for tonights dinner.

DizNee143
11-25-2010, 08:10 PM
our tradition is..we go out shopping on black friday and then come home and put the tree up and decorate the house for christmas!!:tree:

Kathy Jetson
11-26-2010, 03:18 AM
We always do our tree on Thanksgiving:mickey:

Cinderelley
11-26-2010, 06:21 AM
I have always waited until after my boys' birthdays (Dec. 11 & 14th) to put our Christmas stuff up. I didn't want them to feel like Christmas was stealing their thunder. This year though my oldest DS (Dec. 14th) will be in A-school in Florida, so I will probably do it after the 11th.

pianobabe
11-27-2010, 02:39 PM
We have the whole house decorated. Typically we don't have everything done by now, but I had surgery on the 24th and I wanted everything done before then. It is great to be able to sit on the couch and be able to relax and not worry about trying to get it done while healing.