PDA

View Full Version : End of May, First of June

bpressnell
11-24-2010, 07:32 PM
We have visited in the past but it has always been in November, December and January. Looking at taking advantage of the free dining at the last week of May, first week of June. From everyone's experience what are the crowds like at this time? I know this will be the first week our children are out of school so I would think it would be very busy from others starting their summer vacation. From those of you that have been during that time, what is the average wait time for rides?

Scar
11-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I've never been this time but be advised that "Gay Days" takes place during this time.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
11-25-2010, 02:46 AM
That's when we are going. Hopefully we can avoid the crowds.

The Gay Day Schedule is as follows:

June 2 - Animal Kingdom
June 3 - Hollywood Studios
June 4 - Magic Kingdom
June 5 - Epcot

cajundisneyfreak
11-25-2010, 08:48 AM
We usually go at this time.The crowds aren't bad at all.I think it's because of the gay days that the crowds are lighter.lol The wait time for rides is hit or miss.Some rides we were able to walk on others could be 5,10,15,or 20 minute wait(more popular attractions).Hope this helps.:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
11-25-2010, 09:30 AM
We have been twice at that time and the only time the crowds were high was the Memorial Day weekend. Don't worry about gay days if not for the rainbow pins you would never know. I think the anti's cause more of a problem.

faline
11-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

We took long weekend trips the first weekend in June two years in a row and had two very different expereinces. The first year, the crowds were much lighter than we anticipated. It was great! So good, in fact, we decided to go in the same timeframe the next year. That year, the crowds were manageable but higher than we expected them to be.

Do plan on it being very hot and humid with a daily chance of a thunderstorm - which, at times, can be quite intense - but usually are short-lived.

LVT
12-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Free dining begins 5.27.2011. That is Memorial day weekend and I expect it to be nuts. Naturally we will be there.:secret:

crltkcagle
12-22-2010, 06:08 PM
We go at this time of the year and the closer it gets to June the more crowded it gets. We usually go May 21stish and leave like June 2ndish. In our experience the of our vacation is light crowds and short wait times. But the closer it gets to June the more crowded it becomes. We have moved our vacation back to start on May 27th because of the free dining. I am hoping it won't be too crowded but with Memorial day weekend and gay days I am afraid its gonna be a lot more crowded than we are used to.

PrettyMinnie
12-22-2010, 06:36 PM
We went around this time but it was Memorial Day weekend so crowds were much heavier. But manageable. It did however rain heavily everyday around 5 and ruined the fireworks every night. Disappointment :fit: