PDA

View Full Version : First Timers Trip to WDW-10

lynnek
11-24-2010, 07:30 PM
We made it back to the room by 7:15. (had 5:30 dinner reservations) I really had thought we would be really tight getting back by 7:30 for our Kids Nite Out, but actually were able to shop a bit after dinner and take our time.
Kids Nite Out—actually parents night out. We had reserved this a couple months before. This service is awesome!! They get a ton of info from you on the phone, asking particulars about your kids, asking your preferences—have to stay in the room, can go around the resort to do things etc. The minimum is 4 hours. We have such a diversity in age, it is difficult in any situation to get time by ourselves. Trish showed up with a big bag of things to do, a few more questions—like what’s bedtime (I didn’t care, good luck keeping any awake), what are the names of any bears, blankies in case DD2 asks for something, any allergies etc. She had our cell phone number and kicked us out! The kids had a blast with her. She made it a fun—Kid Nite Out for them. She was obviously familiar with everything Disney and the resort and took them to the arcade(O.K.’d by us), let the older two choose what they’d like to do. They made it back to the room, DD2 crashed first, then DS!! DD1 held out longer because Trish brought some arts and crafts things to do. But I think she said all were asleep by 9:30. She was high energy and the kids really enjoyed her.:)

We went to World Showcase, via the Boardwalk—all by ourselves!!!:thumbsup: Strolling along the Boardwalk are is so fun at night. Love the street performers. I took DH around the kids World Adventure, since he had missed most of it. We started with an adult slushie though!:marg: It was really fun seeing WS at night. We were planning to go and ride something together, no kids, but really had a good time hanging out in WS. We stayed for Illuminations. How beautiful!!! Loved it!!! We thought we’d go to Jelly Rolls, but opted for a drink and a snack at Kouzzina instead. I’ll have to get him to Jelly Rolls next time. He was right though, it was a nice quiet, relaxing drink at Kouzzina. We hadn’t booked a dinner here because we were unsure of the menu. We tried a few apps and really enjoyed them. What a nice place! It was quiet when we were there, at the end of an evening. When we came out of Kouzzina, it was sprinkling---just like Intercot said! We eventually headed back to the resort. The kids didn’t wake when we came in, all was quiet. We were planning to head to Future World the next day—starting with a breakfast at Captain’s Grille—now that’s a totally underrated breakfast place!!!!!

We started early again and went to Captain’s Grille. At this place you can order the buffet or order off the menu. There are a couple things that are on the menu that are not on the buffet. The two boys got the buffet—they were pleased. They compared it to Boma—definitely different things on it, but the quality was really good. DD1 had a lobster omlette—this not being on the buffet. It was yummy and huge—DS helped her of course. I had some French toast that came with Maple Butter—I love that stuff, so so good. When we were reviewing the tip receipts at the end of this trip, this one was significantly less—not because of poor service, it just was a lot less expensive than some of the others. Just thought I’d pass that on. Onto Epcot!

We really love this park. We started with Soarin’. DH’s favorite ride. DD2 and I explored Innovations East while they were doing that. Mouse Ears wasn’t open when I tried? I ran into that a lot—do these stores open at 10 or something? This was another opportunity for shopping that was thwarted!!!!:confused: Oh well, we went and learned about what to pack in an emergency kit. DD2 loved this area—it was set up perfectly for her age group. The others had gotten fast passes for Soarin’, rode it and then went to ride Nemo—I know without us!!!!! They were proofing the ride. We didn’t think there would be any elephants in this one, but really didn’t want to freak out DD2. Also, she was having a sudden adversion to ducks as well as those white birds in Animal Kingdom that can be aggressive. I guess sitting in a stroller at that height, I can understand. She adores Donald though!? We met up and the two older kids got to make their own roller coaster. They had such a blast with this. Too cool!!!:cool: After they got off their “rollercoaster” they took me to Soarin’ and DH took DD2 to Nemo. She loved it!! Could have spent all day there. I enjoyed Soarin’—what a neat concept for a ride! We then went over to Test Track, there was a short wait, so they went in and I got fast passes. As they were going in, I asked if we could use the baby swap thing with this ride. Yes, you can!! We waited around for a bit, DD2 getting hungry—good old pb&j!! This was taking a bit longer than I had anticipated, so I wasn’t going to be able to ride. Oh well!! I turned in the baby swap thing to the CM and started towards Canada—Le Cellier for lunch! The kids wanted to go to WS again after lunch, exporing Mexico and Norway, because they really didn’t get to see much of either, so I knew we wouldn’t be back in time to use the fast passes. As DD2 and I were wandering out of that area, waiting for the rest to catch up, I found a family to give the fast passes to. It looked like a Mom, her son and maybe a couple of his friends. At that moment, all were walking with the Mom(not always a guarantee with pre-teen and teenagers). I gave her the fast passes! Nice how enthusiastic teenagers can be! That was fun. Lunch at Le Cellier next!

RedSoxFan
11-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Such a nice evening you both had to yourselves. Glad to hear you liked Captain Grille --- we are going there for dinner in December.:mickey:

faline
11-25-2010, 12:47 PM
What a lovely adult evening you and your husband had!

2MuchWDFun
11-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Sounds like your family had another great couple of days. My DH and DS will be creating their own roller coaster ride on our upcoming trip.

I loved your evening out on a date with your DH. It's nice to slow down and take in the atmosphere; and just worry about each other instead of the whole family! Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
11-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the report

vizsla
12-02-2010, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the report.

Joannelet
12-02-2010, 08:45 AM
What a wonderful parents night out you had!!! :)
Great report!

Suz36
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
What a nice date night! DH and I spent some alone time in Epcot when we were in WDW in 2007 with my parents - it's such a different experience with just the two of you - very romantic! We then expanded it to 3 days on our own, again spending the bulk of our time in Epcot during F&W.

KylesMom
12-07-2010, 03:27 PM
What a great evening for you and DH to have some alone time. It sounds like the Kids Night Out gal really enjoys her work & made it easy for you to have a great time together.

Fun morning in Epcot - there's so much to do and see. I hope you enjoy your lunch at LeCellier! :mickey: