PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Virus Help

Mammabruski
11-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi all,

Friends of ours were supposed to come over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, but their family has been struck with a stomach virus.:ill: The kids were sick Tuesday and the Mom was sick today. Should we tell them not to come? I really don't want my kids to get sick. My DH says, "why not, they can get a bug just about anywhere"...

I don't know what to do! Looking at websites about stomach bugs say kids can be contagious after they've been sick. Ugh. What to do? Oh, and they were going to bring the turkey!

azdisneymom
11-24-2010, 08:12 PM
What a tough cal! Maybe you will get lucky and they will call to cancel. :blush:

MNNHFLTX
11-24-2010, 08:34 PM
If they're all feeling well enough to come, they are probably not contagious anymore. Despite what you read, most viruses are transmittable immediately before and during symptoms of an illness. To be on the safe side, just make sure you and your kids wash your hands (or use sanitizers) frequently while they are there, and after.

If the turkey was cooked properly, it should not be a cause of illness.

Mammabruski
11-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Whew... We rescheduled "Thanksgiving" for Sunday. We'll get together then and do a 2nd Thanksgiving!:turkey: We went to town this morning and got us a little 6 lb, breast only turkey...

Happy Thanksgiving! :pilgram: