PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16 dinner suggestions!?!?!

honeebee86
11-24-2010, 02:51 PM
So I have been put in charge of outlining a weekend getaway in celebration of my sister in-law's sweet 16th birthday and I could really use some recommendations for where to have dinner for 6 people total. We want it to be nice but have food that a picky 16yo will enjoy. Something nice for the occassion, good food, nice atmosphere, ect. So far I am considering the following: 1900 Park Fare, Tony's Town Square, and 'Ohana but am still deciding and would love to hear more suggestions! Thank you!!!!!:party:

paragon
11-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Clearly, there is only one choice here, Cinderella's Table!!!!

DW and I celebrated our 8yr anniversary there.
We were with friends, who had thier little ones who are as fussy as little ones can be, but they loved it!
Just check the menu to make sure its something everyone would enjoy.
Have fun!!!

Katzateer
11-24-2010, 07:30 PM
If you can't get into Cinderella's I think one of teas they have at the Grand Floridian would be a fun thing to do for a Sweet 16. They have different choices of food and teas-and the girls can get all dressed up and pretend they are British royalty for the afternoon.......

r4kids
11-24-2010, 08:42 PM
I thought about Cindy's table too!! I asked my almost 16 year old DD and her reply was Sci Fi. She loves that place :)

Gator
11-25-2010, 01:58 PM
I thought about Cindy's table too!! I asked my almost 16 year old DD and her reply was Sci Fi. She loves that place :)

I was just about to recomend Sci Fi! She gets to be in a classic car eating classic hamburgers and shakes with some great atmosphere. I'd definitely try that.

Insanity Clause
11-26-2010, 10:28 AM
50's Primetime is also a lot of fun! 1900 Park Fare is also nice as well. AS someone else suggestion the tea's at GF would be a real nice thing to do as well.

momef3grls
11-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Took my 16yo to Jiko for her birthday this summer. It was awesome. They even made her a birthday card and each member of the staff signed it in their native language to wish her happy birthday.

BriarRose0708
11-26-2010, 09:19 PM
My initial response was Tony's Town Square, because that's what I would pick, and I am glad it was on your short list. Since it is her birthday, do you know what kinds of food she likes or a certain atmosphere in the restaurant would appeal most to her? A quick search on Info Central would help give you an idea of what each place is like if you have never been there before Also, do you know which park or area you will be in on her birthday? This could impact your choices depending on how far you may need to travel to get to the place you choose, leaving anywhere between 15 and 90 minutes, depending.

In addition to Tony's, I would suggest Coral Reef if she's a seafood fan, Yak and Yeti or Boma if you're in the AK vicinity, and for a character meal I think you're good with 1900 Park Fare, Cindy's, or Crystal Palace. I prefer the character buffets for breakfast and haven't sampled dinner menus but they have all gotten fairly solid reviews.

queenmom9497
11-27-2010, 06:49 AM
DD1 has her Sweet 16 this week. Epic Mickey for Wii will be her gift. If we were at WDW ... I do not know what restaurant she would pick ... LeCellier would be on her list as possibilities ... 50s ... probably too many restaurants to list ...

lionprincess9
11-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi! I'm 15 years old, and I know that personally my choice would be either Cinderella's Castle or Akershus. The reason why i would pick one of these is because when I turn 16, I want to feel like a princess, and where better to feel like a princess then while eating with the princesses? Also, both have very good food, but if she's realllly picky, you might want to pick Akershus because it's a buffet.
Hope this helped!