PDA

View Full Version : I Need Prayers And Pixie Dust!

DisneyPrincess21
11-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Well we are exactly 8 days away from leaving for WDW, on our much anticipated trip. Well here it is, a week before I leave, and both my parents are sick with a cold. That is not so much of a problem because they should be well within a few days.

But now I feel like I might be coming down with something. The problem is, I don't just get a simple little cold, whenever I get sick 99.5% of the time I will get asthmatic bronchitis for 2-3 weeks. So if I do get sick, it won't be a simple cold that I will get over in a few days, I will be sick my entire week before vacation, and 2 weeks of my vacation! I am so upset & sad. :pout:

Please send up some prayers and pixie dust for me :(

Disney4us2
11-23-2010, 10:59 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Hope your parents get better soon, and that you don't catch a cold. Maybe you could try that OTC Airborne or some other cold remedies. Also try some vitamin C. It may not help, but it wouldn't hurt.:pixie::pixie:

cer
11-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I agree with "Disney4us2". Do that Airborne thing OR EmergenC is also a good vitamin C booster that I like to use.

I have done the same thing, start to get a little cold right before vacation. Try one of those products, it may help (it has helped me before).

Drink lots of water, too. In your travels, be very conscious about touching surfaces and carry/use that hand sanitizer.

Wishing you all the best. Maybe this time you won't get soo sick. :mickey:

Kim Possible
11-23-2010, 11:49 AM
lots of pixie dust your way! i have been sick in disney before and i know its no fun! hope your trip is magical!
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

gauvin4
11-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Lots of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: coming your way. I agree with the others, start taking something now. I leave next week too and I have been taking vitamin C and cold meds to make sure what I feel coming on is taken care of before I leave.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!! :mickey:

diz_girl
11-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Start taking Zinc losenges, just make sure that you have something in your stomach first. Zinc has actually helped me in the past. Also, you may want to go to your doctor now and get a prescription (and get it filled and take it with you), just in case you do get that sick. Your doctor shouldn't have a problem with it if they know you well and are familiar with your illness pattern. Just tell them that it would be easier to have the medication on-hand just in case you get sick, rather than having to look for a doctor and pharmacy while you are away from home in an unfamiliar area. Good luck.

jpH/keD
11-23-2010, 04:44 PM
:pixie: Sending prayers and pixie dust! I am all for checking with your dr and trying to get prescription filled and take with you in case it gets worse!!! Good luck!!

Dznygrl79
11-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Oh I so hope you are well on your trip!!:pixie:
But as the girl scouts say always be prepared! Contact your doc and as a precaution there are a few walk in centers in Celebration so have those name and addressed as a just in case. Do Airborns, as a former pre k teacher I swore by them!! I hope you have a fun trip! :pixie:

DisneyPrincess21
11-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Well so far so good, I haven't felt like I am coming down with anything yet, so knock on wood, hopefully I wont get sick. Keep those prayers and pixie dust coming my way just in case! :wave: