PDA

View Full Version : Should we do car service?

andrew&ryansmommy
11-23-2010, 10:33 AM
I am really torn...I was really excited to give ME a try, but I am having a hrd time deciding what to do regarding groceries. I am traveling with DH, DS 1 and 3, and my mom. I am going to need to go to the grocery store to stock up on milk, yogurt, and most importantly baby food. Garden Grocer seems like a great, and convenient option, but the prices, plus, service fee, plus tip make me think I should just pay a little extra to get private car service and go shopping myself...opinions? Sunray offers roundtrip transportation for $100...anyone use them or suggest anyone else? We used Quicksilver but their prices were more than Sunray...thanks!

faline
11-23-2010, 10:38 AM
We've used Quicksilver - they're reliable and provide excellent service Plus, using them help support Intercot as they are an Intercot sponsor.

Personally, I prefer the private transportation option to using Magical Express - plus, it does give you the opportunity to shop on the way to the resort as Quicksilver will allow you a 20 minute grocery stop if you make these arrangemetns at the time you book!

andrew&ryansmommy
11-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks, faline! Maybe you can answer this question for me..we will arrive most likely before our room is ready..will POP be able to hold our stuff and refrigerate it like Ive read for Garden Grocer?
I would use Quicksilver again if they price matched (wink wink).

faline
11-23-2010, 11:28 AM
The resorts have capacity to refrigerate those items that need to be kept cold until your room is ready. They can also store your luggage and non-perishables until you can move into your room!

CleveRocks
11-24-2010, 12:06 AM
I am really torn...I was really excited to give ME a try, but I am having a hrd time deciding what to do regarding groceries. I am traveling with DH, DS 1 and 3, and my mom. I am going to need to go to the grocery store to stock up on milk, yogurt, and most importantly baby food. Garden Grocer seems like a great, and convenient option, but the prices, plus, service fee, plus tip make me think I should just pay a little extra to get private car service and go shopping myself...opinions? Sunray offers roundtrip transportation for $100...anyone use them or suggest anyone else? We used Quicksilver but their prices were more than Sunray...thanks!If you were quoted a price of $100, you're really talking $120 with tips.

Are you thinking that Garden Grocer's delivery fee will cost even close to $120?????

The thing I love about a grocery deliver is that I don't have to waste any of my precious vacation time detouring to a supermarket and wandering the strange aisles searching for the things I need, and then waiting in line to chekc-out, etc.

Seriously, even if I paid for a car service, I would STILL arrange for a grocery delivery from Gooding's or Garden Grocer. EVERYWHERE I travel (where available), I try to arrange a grocery delivery rather than wasting vacation time shopping.

The resorts are VERY good at keeping grocery deliveries cold. I'm weird with one thing, ever since I was a little kid I've been able to to taste it if milk has been left unrefrigerated for more than about 30 minutes or so. Even if it happened 2 days earlier and it's been kept at 24 degrees since then, I can taste it (I've busted my wife and in-laws on this in the past). And in my 3 recent trips staying at 3 different WDW resorts, the milk from Gooding's has always tasted just fine. In fact, most of our typical WDW grocery delivery is refrigerated stuff: milk, margarine, yogurt, cream cheese, cheese sticks, deli turkey, deli American cheese, orange juice, and so on.

DizneyRox
11-24-2010, 07:47 AM
I enjoy the car service as well, much better than ME, and I DO think it's worth paying for. I like the idea of picking up my bags and heading to MY resort as soon as I land. Having to possibly wait for a bus, wait for other drop off, and then hope that my luggage arrives to me is an inconvenience that I'm willing to pay to avoid.

We used to do the grocery stop and if that's a concern, then car service is a good option, however the past few trips we've used Garden Grocer and have been fairly surprised. I was nervous about expiration dates on perishables being within our travel dates and such, but it didn't happen.

I'd do a car service again and use a delivery service for groceries. My time is money, so having someone else do the "dirty work" is an expense I just add into my vacation.

A Big Kid
11-26-2010, 08:04 AM
We did ME last January. After getting on the bus, all was good. But before getting on the bus? We felt like cattle being hearded from one cue to the next. Very unsatifsying.

Back to the private auto for us.

HoosierDisneyFan
11-26-2010, 09:42 AM
I would go with ME and grocery delivery.

I have used ME many times. Your experience all depends on the time of day you arrive at MCO and the crowd at the airport. I have been there with very few people and got right on the bus and off to my resort. I have also been there with huge lines. All of that said, not having to wait on luggage is a big time savings. Just get to the resort, check-in and off to DTD or the pool and your luggage will be delivered to your room.

The only exception I would personally have is if you arrive at MCO after 10pm. At that time ME does not pick up luggage (you have to get it yourself). Which causes much delay.