PDA

View Full Version : are we nuts to go in september heat rather than february?

dyin tago
11-22-2010, 09:52 PM
hello again,

this is driving me nuts trying to decide if we should visit mid february rather than in the sweltering heat of early september!

the problem is we love the wet rides and waterparks but we just drag our butts to do the parks in the september humidity and heat.

Is it usually warm enough to do evenings in parks wearing light pants and a fleece jacket?

buzznwoodysmom
11-22-2010, 11:31 PM
That's a tough one. A few years ago I would have said without a doubt I'd go for the Feb. trip just to avoid the heat of Sept. However, I have begun to dislike the cold more and more each year it seems. That and my kids adore swimming in WDW. We've been ending up bummed when we go in the cooler months and the kids don't get as much swim time. As much as we used to hate it, WDW during the summer months is becoming our second favorite time to be in WDW. Our first favorite is around Thanksgiving/Christmas.

Sunshine1010
11-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Well....I think you have to go through the pros and cons of what YOUR family is interested in. What their priorities are.

Personally, my family will NEVER go in September again. We went one year and it was 100 degrees EVERY DAY (9 days straight) with 92-97% humidity. We were absolutely miserable. Just opening up the door of the hotel and being smacked in the face with that heat was horrible. But, the swimming was very refreshing.....although, I didn't drive 10 hours just to go swimming. Swimming is just a 'factor' of our vacation.

So that...again...leads me to say that you have to choose what YOUR family wants. IS swimming a priority? If so...by all means, go in September.

Either way....you'll have a great time.

Perhaps you could make a weekend trip to the water parks...so that could be your priority the whole trip. Sounds like fun!

Mogie
11-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Ive gone in September right after Labor Day the past couple years. It's the best time because the parks are practically empty.

But it is hot. It is not as hot as August, but it is consistently between 85 and 95.

We got lucky one year and it remained 80-85, but this past year it hovered around 90. And it wasn't that humid.

I prefer going when it's cooler in early December when crowds are relatively low, and really don't like being all sweaty, but it was tolerable, and breaks in the air conditioning at rides are a big help.

faline
11-23-2010, 12:12 PM
I really enjoy going in September. In my experience, you would not want to wear long pants and/or a sweatshirt regardless of time of day during this period of time.

Gator
11-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Yip! You're nuts! :D I went to Blizzard Beach on our first trip which was in June. It was great, but the heat made all the other parks miserable. I'll never be back in summer again....unless someone pays for the whole trip.:mickey:

Lynn J Mc
11-23-2010, 03:42 PM
I have been in September when it was nice and cool and we were there this past February when it was brutally cold. It could go either way.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
To each his own, but I would go for the February trip hands down no contest........

LandFan
11-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Yup. But that's jmho (and DH's too).