PDA

View Full Version : First Timers Trip to WDW--8

lynnek
11-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Playhouse Disney Dance Party—this was going on during EMH and you did have to show your cards at the door. It had gotten underway before we arrived. On stage was a DJ, to one side were a couple entertainers making balloon animals, mickeys, flowers etc. When we walked in Jo-Jo (I’m pretty sure that was the name) and Manny were out in the middle of the floor dancing…with lots of kids. I think there were one or two more from Playhouse Disney, but I didn’t know who they were. I went with the DD’s. Could not get DH and DS near the place—they were more interested in the Animation thing. Shortly after we arrived, Minnie came out. DD2 screamed for joy. Screamed again when all the bubbles started coming out of the ceiling. Minnie is expressive and gets right down to the little kids level without being intimidating. DD2 is a little shy, but Minnie thrills her. Minnie did butterfly kisses with her and let her hold her nose. It was too cute!

Mickey came out next, dancing.:mickey: He was trying to lead the kids in all kinds of dances, but was really be swarmed. Mainly by parents wanting up close photos. There seemed to be one handler for all of them. I didn’t think it was a meet and greet thing, but both Minnie and Mickey were trying to accommodate that as well as dance and not step on anyone. A huge feat!! DD2 was interested in chasing the bubbles and really couldn’t see much around everyone’s legs—it really wasn’t overly crowded, but she’s 2. It was hilarious when Minnie or Mickey broke through the crowd and she caught site of them or got to dance near them. DD1 was a big help dancing with her and chasing bubbles.

The Dj started Who Let the Dogs out—and out came Pluto and Goofy. Now it was getting rowdy! It was lots of fun! I picked up DD2 at that point to dance with her, she was happy she could see everything. DD1 and I decided it was a good time to leave, we were getting quite hot, DD2 was happy, but had had enough. What a great little party. We weren’t there for more than 45 minutes, so I don’t know what else went on later. It was a great way to let those little ones blow off steam, run around crazy and see some cool friends.

I had hoped to see Beauty and the Beast but I guess it doesn’t run during EMH. Is this common with the shows? We had checked Rockin’ Rollercoaster’s wait earlier—I think it was about 20 minutes. We chose not to wait and just catch it later in the week. So tried some shopping and then wandered over to the Great Movie Ride. Minimal wait. DH thought we would be fine with DD2 on this ride. I hadn’t read too much about it, so I wasn’t sure. Only thing that scared her—the elephant—not kidding. Of all the things going on in this, does anyone actually remember where that thing is?? The kids thought this was fun. I thought it seemed like it was getting old to the CM’s, like how many more times do I have to do this tonight?? I’m glad we went on it though.

We ended the night with another ferry boat ride. Totally different than coming over to HS. These two CM’s were hilarious. They felt since we had an 8 minute cruise to our first stop, they should fill it with Disney jokes. The kids love it. Things like, “Why does Tigger always bounce on his tail----so he doesn’t step on Pooh”. I’m sure you all have heard all this stuff before, but we loved it. The kids can remember most of them and the CM’s got an ovation at the end. Another night of falling into bed, tired but happy! We will be going to Chef Mickey’s and do some more at Magic Kingdom tomorrow—then Ohana’s for dinner, followed by Kids Nite Out!!:)

faline
11-22-2010, 07:31 PM
What a great day! Your little daughter was in seventh heaven at the dance party!

RedSoxFan
11-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Great ending to your day.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Sounds like a great day

SBETigg
11-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Nothing like falling into bed tired but happy after a great WDW day! You really had an active day, too. No wonder you were tired. Yes, a lot of things don't run during EMH at each park. Only "select" attractions are open during EMH.

pdrlkr
11-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
11-30-2010, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the report.

KylesMom
12-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm happy that the embarassing moments that DH endured on the boat ride to DHS were well worth all the fun you had tonight.

Another full day, with a crazy one scheduled tomorrow! You guys sound like veterans, not newbies with all of the park hopping you're doing! :mickey:

lynnek
12-02-2010, 04:25 PM
That's what Intercot does to a first timer!! As long as I didn't give the map to DH, we were all set!

Suz36
12-04-2010, 08:59 PM
You really are taking advantage of those Park Hoppers! And I can't believe DD2 had that much energy that late into the night!