PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 of Our Anniversary Trip Report 11/17 - 11/20

Carolanne
11-22-2010, 03:06 PM
And now for day 2 of our trip :mickey:

11/18: DH & I head to DHS for the day. I say the day, but...we got a late start. I think we finally started over around 10:30 AM. And, we took the long way round: rather than taking the bus, we decided to take a trip to Epcot with the briefest of stops at Club Cool and the Canadian & UK pavillions, and then from Epcot we took the boat to DHS.

It was just nice to be able to take our time. Our only plans that day were dinner at Ohana's & MVMCP, so we had plenty of time to do "nothing." So, we browsed in some of the DHS stores, watched a few of the street performances, had lunch, people watched, and did the Backstage Tour.

Afterwards we went back to our room so I could rest my eyes:mickey:, lol. We had dinner at Ohana's (once again, another good meal), then off to MVMCP.

In years past, I was the person who would get her party bracelet as early as possible, have dinner or do whatever, then go to the party--all in the name of avoiding the crowds of people going to the party. This year: we finished dinner around 6 PM, headed to the party...and the crowds going into the party weren't any worse than the crowds that go in during regular park hours. The CM's did a very good job of funneling people out of the park, getting wristbands onto the party guests, and requesting to see wristbands of those in tha park after 7 PM. We rode HM (pretty much just walked right in without any wait), rode TTA (it isn't the most exciting ride, but we love it--DH & I raise our arms in the air when the "fast" parts come up, lol), stopped in Cosmic Ray's for hot chocolate & cookies, watched some of the parade, browsed in the stores, and people watched. We attempted to ride POTC twice, but the ride was down both times due to technical difficulties. We went back to our resort & caught Holiday Wishes in the lounge and indulged in some sweet treats.

As you can probably tell...this is a very relaxed trip. This is maybe the 3rd time I've done WDW like this (2x for my mom's health issues, this time for my delicate condition, lol). And it's funny because the majority of the time I'm good with it, but there are times I catch myself thinking "OMG, you spent all this money on this trip, why aren't you doing ANYTHING?!?" DH is quick to point out that we are doing something--spending time together :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Nice day, thanks for the report

faline
11-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Sometimes a relaxed trip turns out to be the best of all! Sounds like a lovely day!

RedSoxFan
11-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Nice relaxing day.:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Suz36
11-30-2010, 05:04 PM
I would have a hard time with such a relaxed pace, but it does sound wonderful! WDW is such a great place to just BE!

KylesMom
12-10-2010, 09:32 AM
What a wonderfully relaxing day to just enjoy each other and Disney!

"OMG, you spent all this money on this trip, why aren't you doing ANYTHING?!?" DH is quick to point out that we are doing something--spending time together Smart man, your DH is! :thumbsup:

I hope the rest of your days are just as relaxing and enjoyable! :mickey:

2MuchWDFun
12-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks for sharing your relaxing day...
we will be in that mode for a few days during our Christmas vacation. Thanks for reminding us that people watching and enjoying the atmosphere and details of Disney can be just as much fun as riding all our favorite rides!
Looking forward to reading more...

January-2007
02-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks for reporting!

yjgirl32
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Dsnygirl
03-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Your DH is a very smart man... I like his reminder. My DH and I have had one trip (so far... ;)) alone to Disney, and are SO looking forward to our next one... and it's doubly nice when you can relax and just take it all in. Sounds like a great day!

vizsla
03-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Thanks for the report.