PDA

View Full Version : Best Deluxe with kids?

princess0511
11-22-2010, 12:17 PM
We are currently planning our 10 year wedding anniversary trip!:party: I have decided to stay at a deluxe for the occasion. We have two small children who will be 4 1/2 and 1 1/2 when we go in 2012. Which deluxe is the most kid friendly? I have always wanted to stay at the
poly or contemp. Any tips or s uggestions are greatly appreciated. We have always stayed at the value and moderate in the past. Thanks!!:mickey:

DizneyRox
11-22-2010, 12:36 PM
I am partial to AKL.. They have a ton of programs during the day for kids. We made picture frames one day, and often went by little parades and other craft things going on throughout the resort.

Animal viewing is pretty cool with the kiddos as well usually.

AZ Disney
11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
The only deluxe we've ever stayed at was AKL. My oldest DS is an animal fanatic and we enjoyed our Safari view room. If I were going to choose a deluxe again it would probably be Poly. I have no idea if it's more kid friendly or not but just the transportation options alone seem worth it. They also have two very popular dining options.

BrerGnat
11-22-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm partial to the Beach Club with little ones. It is a phenomenal resort!

If you must stay at an MK resort, I'd recommend Contemporary or WL over Polynesian.

JakeontheCob
11-22-2010, 03:52 PM
We have only stayed at the Poly in the Deluxe category. However, to me, it seems to make the most sense to pick a monorail resort since you have the small kids. The ease of getting to and from the MK with the stroller and everything else you will have with due to the ages of your kids just makes the most sense to me.

Also, the Poly has a kids club (although we did not use it during our visit). The pool there is also wonderful with a zero depth entry, and who can beat hearing the music under the water.

Gator
11-22-2010, 04:12 PM
I've only been to one, but I can't imagine a better resort for kids than AKL. Whethere you have savanah view or not, the kids get to see some cool animals each morning and evening. Can't go wrong with that.

bostonsam
11-22-2010, 05:08 PM
maybe someday we'll be able to afford a deluxe:cloud9:

anyone stay at Boardwalk...clown slide looks alot of fun for kids??next choice would be WL, would say AKL would be my last:blush:sounds nice with animals and all but still.

rjmdds
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
I am a minority voice on this one, but we prefer the GF with the little ones. We have stayed there several times with our children and love the proximity of the MK. There's nothing like that quick trip to the MK where, if you have little ones, you may be spending a good amount of time. We love the pools and the grounds are exceptional. Good luck in your choice.

wdwfansince75
11-22-2010, 09:17 PM
We always found the Contemporary to be very kid friendly....close to MK, just a short walk or monorail ride....and we have always spent part of practically every day at MK. Have not stayed there since they moved the Food and Fun center from the ground floor, but we always spent a lot of time on the concourse level anyway. Kids and grandkids always enjoyed the pool, and the boats have been a plus.

EPCOT is just two short monorail rides away, and the buses to DHS and AK are rarely crowded. Parking is close and convenient for those who prefer to drive to the other parks or to DTD. Hope to be there for my 70th next year.

Poly would also be a great choice. In fact, we prefer the Poly food choices to CR. We do prefer the rooms at the CR, but really enjoyed our single stay at Poly...and visit it often while staying at SoG.

jmj18
11-22-2010, 10:27 PM
My vote would be POLY. We've stayed several time with my young children and they LOVED it.

:mickey:

cer
11-23-2010, 12:46 PM
While I don't have any recommendations on deluxe accomodations, I just wanted to wish you a happy anniversary! :)

Aurora
11-23-2010, 04:49 PM
The Poly is one of my favorite resorts. Large rooms, great volcano pool for the kids with a zero-depth entry, you can watch the fireworks from the pool or beach, fun activities for the kids, torches on the paths at night, great restaurants, and the monorail to the Magic Kingdom is right at the resort.

Even better, the Poly is located next to the Ticket and Transportation Center, so it's the only resort that you can walk from to get a monorail directly to Epcot.

jpH/keD
11-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Happy Anniversary! We went out for dinner on our 10th! lol! Good for you on WDW and a deluxe to boot! I would choose Beach Club or WL! Enjoy!

princess0511
11-23-2010, 06:16 PM
:blush:Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes and thoughts on where to stay:mickey:!!!

MinniesMom
11-24-2010, 09:37 PM
We've been to almost every DLX with our kids. I would say w/kids your age - BC without a doubt! I remember when my daughter was 1 1/2 we couldn't get her out of the sand bottom pool! She loved that more than anything! Plus and a big PLUS with small children is the transportation options at BC. You can walk or take a quick boat ride to both Epcot or DHS. Really nice if your children are still napping.

TinkerbellsMom
11-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Even thought I am a huge AKL fan, with the age of your kids, I would recommend a MK resort as you'll most likely be spending most of your time at MK. There's a lot to be said about short transportation trips when you'll be carrying tired kids and lugging strollers. For MK resorts, we've only stayed at WL and liked it a lot.

MickyLuver
11-25-2010, 09:03 AM
I also favor AKL, the draw back is that it is far from the other parks except AK, and you can only use the bus. However, when the weather is wet and you don't want to deal with the elements, there are a ton of activities for the children. The lobby alone is a wonderful experience that you and the children will love without activities.

I am partial to any of the hotels with a lobby that I have easy access to without walking outside to get there.
JFYI - although many of the resorts (if not all) have a Kids Club, they are not free.
Enjoy and have a super vacation. :mickey:

srr
11-25-2010, 10:03 AM
we love the Beach Club with kids! Boardwalk is good, too. We have stayed at one or the other each visit for the last 8 years or so. The pools are great, there are beach-side activities, and the walk to Epcot and HS is very easy-and really nice to not have to deal with transportation for a quick trip to one of those parks, especially if the little ones decide they will have a bad day. have also stayed at AKLodge-its really nice, but way less convenient.

finaldynasty
11-25-2010, 02:53 PM
My youngest two were about that age when we stayed in a deluxe a few years ago, and they loved the WL. My other recommendation would be the Poly.

Have a blast!

mdhiggin
11-26-2010, 09:33 AM
My kids loved Contemporary with the MK view. Every morning they would be hiding behind the drapes and looking at the castle in awe. You can also walk to MK from there. A few months after our stay there, we bought into DVC at BLT. You just can't beat the location.

Mom2princesses
11-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Your children will be very young. All resorts will have fun activities for kids. But I would definitely aim for a monorail resort with children that young. You'll be spending a lot of time at the Magic Kingdom. You'll be able to go back to the monorail resorts easily for an afternoon nap.

My vote would be for the Poly but any of the 3 will be a good choice.

Have a wonderful trip and Happy Anniversary.

Mousemates
11-29-2010, 12:43 AM
If you spend a lot of time at the pool then the BC/YC are the place to be...Stormalong Bay has no competition on Disney property. most smaller kids would be more than happy to spend entire days playing in the sand, splashing in the water, and enjoying the multitude of poolside activities.

(Plus you have the added advantage of quick access to Beaches and Cream.)

AllDisney
11-29-2010, 06:43 AM
I'd suggest AKL. The kids program is great and being able to see the animals roaming about is pretty cool:number1: