PDA

View Full Version : All Alone in WDW

Jim&AngieMarriner
11-22-2010, 09:20 AM
So here is the Senerio...
You get exclusive time in WDW. Only CMs, you and your imediate family are in the parks. Whats the first thing you do? How do you take advantage of the situation?

BugeyedMuggy
11-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Ride R&R over and over and over again.....:cloud9:

PopPhan
11-22-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't know if I could handle that....Part of the fun of being in the parks IS all the other people around -- all the fun being shared is contagious!

BUT, if I must have the park(s) to myself, then I would start at the entrance of each park and make my way around in a clockwise rotation....Hit each and every attraction until they have all been enjoyed, then go back to those that we enjoy the most.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Take my time and enjoy every single attraction in the park

BellesRose
11-22-2010, 03:12 PM
I would definitely want to go through the Haunted Mansion a few times alone. And then I would want to go to Epcot and do some photography in France.

rubato
11-22-2010, 03:27 PM
I would go to Fantasmic. I've never been because I don't deal well with huge crowds. I would also go to the parades and other fireworks shows. I sometimes see these, but just show up at the last minute and take a bad seat in order to avoid waiting 1 to 2 hours for a good spot.

Gator
11-22-2010, 04:08 PM
I'd be snapping pictures like crazy. To have all that theming without funny dressed tourists in front of it. I've dreamed of being able to stand on Main Street facing the castle, take a pic, and no one else be in the photo. Same with SSE and the Tree of Life. I'm crazy when it comes to my WDW photos, so this would be it.

And the fact there's no lines on all my favorite rides is a plus.

IloveDisney71
11-22-2010, 08:17 PM
First, I'd take pictures without lots of people in the background! I'd like to have a photopass photographer take a lot of pictures of me and my family all around the parks. And of course ride my favorite rides with no wait! Oh, I'd want to tour Cinderella's castle suite too.

disneymom2000
11-24-2010, 10:33 PM
I would ride Soarin until I was so dizzy and then stroll through the countries enjoying every show, store and restaurant that is available.

LudwigVonDrake
11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Right to Space Mountain :coaster:

HoosierDisneyFan
11-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Toy Story Mania! The lines are soooo long. It would be nice to just walk on that attraction.

Cinderelley
11-26-2010, 03:50 AM
I would take uninterrupted pictures and go through all the queues at my own pace. That is one of the big things I don't like about having to use the GAC - I miss seeing all the details in the regular lines. I would be able to go through the lines as slowly as I needed to. :D

rkmemkc
11-26-2010, 07:05 PM
I would take uninterrupted pictures and go through all the queues at my own pace. That is one of the big things I don't like about having to use the GAC - I miss seeing all the details in the regular lines. I would be able to go through the lines as slowly as I needed to. :D

Dear Cinderelley,
I want to thank you for this post. I know you are just telling us what you would do if you had the park to yourself and the time to enjoy it...but telling all of us that someone who gets to go to the front of the line....feels they are missing the regular line and the detail is a very important and eye opening thought. Just when you look at someones situation and think its one way - you (I) really need to look at it from their perspective. In this season of Thanksgiving I am thankful for the change of thought you have given me and will do my best to pass it on. Have a wonderful holiday and I hope someday someway, you get your wish and see all of the detail for each ride that we all take for granted.
Kathy :mickey:

Buttercup
11-26-2010, 09:07 PM
If my kids were with me, they'd probably force me to run around from ride to ride like a Commando!

But if I could go by myself, I would LITERALLY stop and do every. single. thing. Stop in at every store, every little nook & cranny on Main Street, browse every little shop in every land, tasting food from each restaurant, riding every attraction and seeing every show that I sometimes have to pass up because of lineups or time constraints.

I would honestly not leave one land until I'd methodically been through every square inch of it. :cloud9:

Cinderelley
11-27-2010, 03:55 AM
Dear Cinderelley,
I want to thank you for this post. I know you are just telling us what you would do if you had the park to yourself and the time to enjoy it...but telling all of us that someone who gets to go to the front of the line....feels they are missing the regular line and the detail is a very important and eye opening thought. Just when you look at someones situation and think its one way - you (I) really need to look at it from their perspective. In this season of Thanksgiving I am thankful for the change of thought you have given me and will do my best to pass it on. Have a wonderful holiday and I hope someday someway, you get your wish and see all of the detail for each ride that we all take for granted.
Kathy :mickey:

Thanks for being open-minded enough to perceive someone else's view point. :D

2MuchWDFun
11-28-2010, 06:14 PM
I'd like to get to every show, interact with the street entertainers in DHS and Epcot, see the parades, musicians, singing groups, and Candlelight Processional. We seem to miss so much of this entertainment--I'd love to be able to do it all in one trip. Also, like others, my family would take the opportunity to ride our favorite rides... splash and HM; stay on TSM until I could score higher then my DH and DS; take a long, leisurely ride on the Safari in AK; and ride Soarin' without a wait and take a segway around World Showcase (love that tour!!).

kemps@wdw
11-28-2010, 10:41 PM
1st thing...stand at the beginning of Main St...take a deep breath, pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming...and then...go in every shop, eat at every "eatery", go on every attraction, and have the characters ride w/us, watch every parade, and fireworks show, and have a CM follow us around just to photograph us. But, it wouldn't just be me and my immediate family, it would also be the Make-A-Wish Foundation children, And any other organization that helps ill/needy children, these children would also be included. Having exclusive access to WDW would be awsome, but sharing that w/others, escpecially kids, would be..."practically perfect in every way!":thumbsup:

kurt
12-01-2010, 11:09 AM
i was at MK for an early keys to the kingdom tour main street was completely deserted it was awsome!!! at MK i would head for splash mountain, at Epcot it would be test track. the studios would be rock & roller coaster. AK would be the river rapids.:goofy:

MagicalGuest
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
When we stayed at Boardwalk, we pretty much had World Showcase to ourselves at closing. The attractions weren't open, but DH and I were the only ones there. Music was still playing, so we waltzed; I felt like a Disney princess. Might seem corny, but it's one of my all-time best memories of WDW!

andywicks
12-06-2010, 12:02 PM
We kinda had this once when we had an incredibly early breakfast reservation at Magic Kindom. I took as many photos up main street as I could!

It is rare to have the opportunity to see the buildings without anyone in front! I agree the place is best full of happy holiday makers, :mickey: but this was quite eerie and unusual feeling!:secret:

Mousemates
12-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Ride Toy Story Mania and let a CM take a picture of me with my hourly and daily high score in the background.

exvagirl
12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Toy Story Mania! The lines are soooo long. It would be nice to just walk on that attraction.

Same here! I could spend all day on that! Well, that, and Rock and Rollercoaster :mickey: