PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at FW

Suz36
11-21-2010, 11:45 PM
In planning my fantasy Christmas trip, I was thinking about heading over to FW to see the awesome Christmas decorations I've heard so much about. If I don't have a car, what would be the best way to get around the grounds and really be able to enjoy the many displays?

ibrowse17
11-22-2010, 01:58 AM
This is a great place to visit for Christmas!! FW's internal buses and walking are the best ways to see the sites. If you come in from the boats, there are several loops that will be decorated just a short walk to the south. If you are coming by bus, just catch an internal bus to the loops. These buses pick up at the same stop your external bus dropped you off at. It really is a wonder to see. Folks go all out decorating their camp sites and golf carts, and it is worth the time. Enjoy:thumbsup:

CU Tiger
11-29-2010, 12:44 PM
The buses do not go through each loop and you will miss some great decorations. The buses are also going too fast to see some of the detail the campers put out. On foot, this is a lot of ground to cover. Each loop seems to have some decorations and this would be a lot of walking in one night.
One option is to rent a bike and see them that way. The problem with that is that the bike barn will probably be closed by the time you finish seeing the decorations. If you were staying at WL, then you could rent a bike there and ride it over to FW. This is a short trip and we ride over to the WL every trip.
Just my :twocents:.:mickey:

Patricia
11-29-2010, 10:16 PM
We walked around but we didn't try to see it all, it was crazy. I couldn't believe how many decorations some people actually own, some people needed two sites to put it all out. The golf carts are pretty crazy too and you can often see them parked just outside of the Outpost.

Mousemates
12-16-2010, 10:55 AM
sounds like fun...we will have to give a try on our next trip.

abazylewicz
12-16-2010, 05:15 PM
we just got back from WDW and we took a sleigh ride at FW. You pick it up in front of Pioneer Hall and they will take you around to see all of the decorations and my 5 + 6 year olds realy got into it!

CU Tiger
12-17-2010, 09:31 PM
We did the sleigh ride once and that is a great way to see the decorations. We were fortunate that my group of 8 were the only ones on the sleigh. The driver took us any where we wanted to go. We pick the loops we wanted to go and he went there. It was a magical experiance.:mickey:

AuntLaura
12-18-2010, 05:49 PM
We just took the sleigh ride last week. We could not choose our route, but enjoyed it. The best over-the-top campsite we saw was where the road ends by the Settlement - where the buses turn into the Settlement bus stop. That is a very easy and short walk from the the Settlement area. Also, right behind the Settlement Trading post, there is a lot with a great display. Lot of fun. The snow bird campers did not disappoint this year!