PDA

View Full Version : Baby Food

andrew&ryansmommy
11-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I need advice on how much baby food I should pack, and where I can expect to buy it. We are flying down so I dont want to pack to much in our bags. I was planning to do Garden Grocer, but I dont see a large variety of baby foods on their site, or yogurts we would want. What is the selection like at the baby care centers in the park? Shouls I get a bunch from GG? Please help!

faberj
11-21-2010, 09:39 PM
If there are certain foods that your child likes, why don't you buy them at home and UPS them down to your resort. You could ship down your diapers, wipes, food, etc. UPS is very reasonable.

andrew&ryansmommy
11-21-2010, 09:42 PM
How would that work? Would the hotel hold it for us if it arrived a couple days early?

megustamex
11-21-2010, 11:00 PM
The baby care centers only have a few items of Gerber - maybe 4 different items. It's not enough to feed a baby all week on the limited variety, IMO. Sounds like you won't have a car - you could try and take a cab from your resort to the nearby SuperTarget or Publix, or if you are taking a limo/taxi from the airport they could stop at the grocery store on the way. When I went to Mexico, we actually packed an entire small cheap suitcase full of baby food and checked it. We packed it with a bunch of bubble wrap around it all. It made it!

You can call the hotels directly and ask them about package delivery. I always get the direct numbers off of hotel booking sites.

faberj
11-22-2010, 08:36 AM
How would that work? Would the hotel hold it for us if it arrived a couple days early?

Yes, the hotel would hold it for you until you got there. On our last trip I shipped a box to our resort. I went to the UPS store and shipped it 7 days before our arrival date. On the box put your the name of the resort, your name, your reservation number, arrival date and the resort address. With UPS you can track it online to make sure it gets there safe and sound.
My package arrived 2 days before we arrived and when we checked in the bell serivces delieved it to our room.
We also shipped a box back home with our purchases.
It worked out wonderfully!!!

r4kids
11-22-2010, 10:44 AM
We have shipped boxes down many times and it's always been great!! The resort will bring the box straight to your room, it makes life so much easier when flying!!