PDA

View Full Version : week #11, The NFL the good the bad and the knockout punch, er ugly

gueli
11-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Well here we are, 10 games played, 6 to go. What did you see this week.

For the Jets:

The Good: we won. really. 4th quarter heroics. OK.

The bad: 4th quarter defense. Innability for the offense to adapt. fumbles and ints. The rocky road of success. O linemen hurt. another game in 5 days...

The ugly: The acting scence/inability of richard semore to hold his temper (big ben the thespian). The jets innability to hold the lead in the second half.

8 & 2. We are lucky and good. Sanchez has led 3 4th quarter comebacks, but we have to start winning these games earlier.

So what did you see...

Go Jets :number1:

princessgirls
11-21-2010, 10:27 PM
The Good was their win...

The bad and ugly was both of their lines. Offense did a terrible job protecting Sanchez and the Defense was poor at best. Another win in the final seconds of a game that shouldn't have gotten to that point.

Rex didn't look happy at all leaving the field today. I have a feeling that our JETS will be working hard this week!!!

8 and 2 baby!
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!
Julie:mickey:

Greenlawler
11-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Ughhhhh. I wish I did not feel the need to do this, but win or loose I will be here.

Titans

The good: Nothing, but t least the Colts and Texans lost.

The bad: Let me count the ways.....holy cow there are too many. From the lack of any pass rush, the Swiss cheese pass defense (a reasult of the former), the predictable play calling, having the ball only yards from scoring position in overtime only to punt. What you are seeing is the Collapse of the Titans!

The ugly: Vince Young's metltdown. Time to move on.

Enough said. My only hope is that the Titans somehow get it together like they did in 99 and put together a streak after a loosing binge.

Ian
11-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Eagles ...

The Good: Hard fought, well earned win against a division opponent. Defense came up with three bid interceptions of Eli and recovered two fumbles. Offense came from behind in the 4th quarter to score 10 and salt the game away.

The Bad: VERY sloppy game. Too many penalties and boneheaded mistakes. They got away with it in this game because the Giants made bigger boneheaded mistakes, but you can't win in the playoffs playing like that. Gotta tighten it up.

The Ugly: Gotta say it ... the refs. There were at least three huge mistakes by the refs in this game and all three went against the Eagles. On Eli's long pass that set up their first TD, there was an absolutely blatant hold on Trent Cole as he was bearing down on Manning. Would have been a sure sack or at a minimum a rushed throw. At least two late hits on Vick didn't get called that should have and there were a couple very questionable penalties that went against the Eagles. Poorly reffed game again. :mad:

Pagan
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
The Good: Nothing.

The Bad: Everything.

The Ugly: See "The Bad".

Scar
11-22-2010, 10:36 AM
The Ugly: Gotta say it ... the refs. There were at least three huge mistakes by the refs in this game and all three went against the Eagles. On Eli's long pass that set up their first TD, there was an absolutely blatant hold on Trent Cole as he was bearing down on Manning. Would have been a sure sack or at a minimum a rushed throw. At least two late hits on Vick didn't get called that should have and there were a couple very questionable penalties that went against the Eagles. Poorly reffed game again. :mad:Agreed on the refs, but there were also a couple bad calls against The Giants... didn't see 'em? ;)

And if I recall correctly, the refs called a non existent holding call on The Giants the next play to make up for the missed one on Cole. Not that that makes it any better, but...

princessgirls
11-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Speaking of offensive line...Where were The Eagles last night? Vick took a lot of hits. Made Sanchez's (JETS QB) day look a whole lot better.
I guess he expects it.

Another exciting week!!!
I've become addicted to Football this season!!

Ian...I hear you about not jumping on the Vick bandwagon...He's still not a popular topic at parties or in groups. I remember asking Fred when he was on trip to Atlanta to stop in a Sports Authority to pick up a Vick Jersey for a friend's son's birthday (the kid loved Vick) and he told me NO!! He wasn't spending one dime on that!!!
Julie:mickey:

Ian
11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
And if I recall correctly, the refs called a non existent holding call on The Giants the next play to make up for the missed one on Cole. Not that that makes it any better, but...Nope ... definitely not, because the Giants scored a touchdown on the next play.

And I'm sure there were bad calls that went against the Giants, as well. I didn't notice them maybe just because they weren't at such critical points in the game or had as big an impact. But both of the Giants touchdowns came as a result of either penalty calls against the Eagles (PI on the 1 yard line) or non-calls (no holding call).

Scar
11-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm sure your right. I just got home at 8:30 last night from 3 days in Gettysburg and Rememberance Day weekend in Gettysburg is like Spring Break for reenactors. ;) But I defenitly remember at one point where the Giants O-lineman basically tackled one of the D-lineman with no call and the next play they called holding as a makeup.

gueli
11-23-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm sure your right. I just got home at 8:30 last night from 3 days in Gettysburg and Rememberance Day weekend in Gettysburg is like Spring Break for reenactors. ;) But I defenitly remember at one point where the Giants O-lineman basically tackled one of the D-lineman with no call and the next play they called holding as a makeup.

hey very cool on being a reenactor.

but back to football- its the same refrain week after week- the Refs are calling very poor games.
I just wish there was something the fans could do about it...