PDA

View Full Version : First Timers Trip to WDW--5

lynnek
11-21-2010, 05:50 PM
We fed DD2 pb&j, milk and an apple and were on our way to another night of EMH at Magic Kingdom.

Wow! Was it gorgeous all lit up for the holidays!! We headed for Toon Town since I wanted DD2 to play a bit in Minnie’s house. She loved it. So cute! Love the sewing machine and quilt on the wall. DD2 tried to get the cheese out of the fridge. DH wandered through the rest of Toon Town with DD2 while I went on the Barnstormer with DD1 and DS. 3 times.
We then headed over to Buzz Lightyear Spin? Wasn’t sure how long DH and DD2 would be with us, since he was planning to take her back around bedtime. I was in for a bumpy night!! We had sooo much fun on this ride. DD2’s eyes were as big as saucers and DH and DS let her control the motion of the car. They were going all over the place! We were in front of them, so cute looking back at the little peanut inbetween them, eyes wide! DD1 did really well, I did not. I am terrible at video games.

DD2 was still going strong, so DH suggested I leave DD1 with him, so I could take DS on Space Mountain. DD1 had gone on the previous night and did not like it. DH didn’t either. At the last minute, she decided to try it again and loved it this time. This ended up being my favorite. I liked the length of it and the darkness. DH and DD2 went back to the resort and we were on our own. I got a taste of what teaching DS to drive will be like in a few years—he drives like his Dad, much longer and it would have made me sick!

Both kids then wanted to go to the other side of the park and were thrilled to be able to show me around. Again, love those EMH! After the crowds from the daytime, the kids were amazed as to what they could do at night. (this was Veteran’s weekend and the last weekend of F&W, so I was hoping things would thin out a bit) They took me on Haunted Mansion. This ride is so well done—loved it. My DS with his brand new Pirates watch, says to me, “Mom we have lots of time left, bet we can do all the mountains here in one night!” Who gave him that watch!!!??

Both kids were thrilled to be able to stop at the shooting gallery and play—weren’t able to the previous night since they were crisscrossing all over the park. It’s nice and spooky in there at night, with the red light targets glowing, the cemetery, etc!! O.k. onto Splash Mountain. Mom, sit in the front, on the right—don’t worry you’ll stay dry…..noooo….I think the believable advice is sit to the left in back. I followed Intercot advice and didn’t get too wet. I think it also had to do with the fact the boat in front of us was empty. DH found out how wet you can get on this ride two days later! We went right over to Thunder Mtn and rode that one. That was fun!! I like the runaway train concept. DS with his new watch determined we had enough time to go on Pirates. Glad we were able to. I was thinking I may try DD2 on this ride since she loves the pirates song, but it would have been a bit scary for her. We really enjoyed it though. Loved how they incorporated Jack. We had seen a special on the making of WDW and the kids were thrilled to recognize some things. We were walking out of Adventureland, excited and happy! A CM stopped us and asked if we would like to go on the last ride of the night of the Magic Carpets—well O.K.!! If you insist!! O.K. this was one of those lightbulb moments. This ride is the same as Dumbo! I mentioned we would have to come back with DD2 and CM told me to make sure to find Triceratops Spin in Dinoland—same thing. There is so much to see and do, for First Timers, these things are not noticeable unless it is pointed out! O.K. I thought this was a dry ride!! DS and DD1 made sure we were in line for the spitting camel every time!!

We made our way out of the park to the monorail and then took a cab back to the resort. I was planning on riding a bus, but was exhausted, so took the familiar, a cab. We would try the bus thing during the day, not tired, when not so busy, for a first experience. I was not going to get DS stressed out this late. This is when I finally figured out how to get to Grand Floridian Way via the car care center. Of course, DH never felt the impulse to go to the left at that arch thing again—maybe it was the frosty look I gave him when he almost made me late to my spa day! All in all, a great day! Looking forward to our first day in Animal Kingdom and many, many rides on Triceratops Spin!

faline
11-21-2010, 08:05 PM
What fun! You certainly took full advantage of the extra magic hours!

RedSoxFan
11-21-2010, 09:01 PM
A nice night at MK.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Great night at MK

SBETigg
11-24-2010, 07:20 AM
The MK at night, so magical! What a fun time. Sounds like a wonderful EMH night, and smart to grab a cab instead of stressing.

vizsla
11-27-2010, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
11-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
11-30-2010, 10:34 AM
What a wonderful first experience for you at Magic Kingdom! Nice, too that the kids were familiar with the park & had an idea of where they wanted to go.

Smart idea about the cab that late at night - I wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing! :mickey:

Suz36
12-01-2010, 02:26 PM
What a fun night!