PDA

View Full Version : How is the drive from SS?`

Mrs Bus Driver
11-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone I was reading another thread about SS, since this if where I will most likely buy one day, I got to wondering about the drive to the different parks. It was mentioned several times about possible long walk to bus stops. In the future if we go we will be driving to WDW. So we could take our own vehicle to the parks and walk to DTD. Can you park near your room and how is the drive to the parks? :mickey:

MinnieMommie
11-21-2010, 09:24 PM
If you will have a car while visiting, I would not hesitate to stay at SSR. Each building grouping has it's own parking area. The drive to the parks is very close and an easy drive. It will take about 5 to 10 minutes depending on which park you will be visiting. :mickey:

NH Disneyfan
11-23-2010, 06:06 AM
I agree - the layout of SS resort is very much like a condo building. Parking lots are integrated into the buildings. If you have a car it would be a very nice place to stay. The drive to the parks is not bad, the longest being over to AK.

MyDisneyworld
11-23-2010, 09:00 AM
We own at SSR and have no problems with driving or taking the bus. If you drive you can park right in front of your building so easy unpacking. The drive to the parks is very easy from there and you can just follow the signs and get everywhere fast. When we stayed without a car the buses were great and located right next to the building we were in. There is a few bus stops so walking is not bad from anywhere. We just asked to be in the building right across from the main pool and bus stop so it all worked out. Enjoy your stay when you finally buy......

Mrs Bus Driver
11-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the information. A couple of years and a lot of luck and I will be buying in. :mickey: