PDA

View Full Version : First Timers Trip to WDW--3

lynnek
11-21-2010, 06:29 AM
:pirate:At this point, DS, DD1 and I have been in crowds and sun all day. :-o We skipped lunch for F&W booths, then found them really busy, the kids not wanting to wait in line. DH and DD2 are back at the resort, hopefully cooled off in the pool and then rested. It is 4:55, they are still at the resort and are supposed to be picking us up at 5:00. Not going to make it. We easily could have road the monorail and met them at the Grand Floridian, but DH insisted this was easier. I’m thinking, not!!:bang: DH can’t tell me where to go to meet him, since this is our first day at WDW, not really sure where things are, had really hoped DH would have figured this out on the way out earlier…Lots of phone calls back and forth—where are you, not sure, lost again, walk out to the front….we decided to walk out to the parking lot. O.K. but these parking lots are closed off from cars entering. I’m noticing a non-park road at the end of these lots, thought maybe I’d find a street sign or something. Just as we get out near the road, my heart is sinking, I have no idea what this road is, a car pulls to the side beeping----I am not kidding—my lost husband has found us!! Really!! We were thrilled! Didn’t yell, get mad, just happy to have resolved this for a bit. We headed for Narcoossee’s, made DH ask the CM at entrance arch thing how to get to GF, then made him follow the directions. (He kept wanting to go to the left, up Grand Floridian Way—it doesn’t work, unless you go to the car care center, up the service road and catch it there and how do I know that? Me, the one who gets lost easy—I asked a cab driver of course! But not until I figured out DH was not going to let up on this)

As we were heading up to Narcoossee’s, we asked him how his swim with DD2 was. The other two were very interested in the report on the pool since we had chosen this resort, in part, for the pool. He said it went great, DD2 was having a great time! Unfortunately, the pool had to be evacuated because a baby got sick a couple times….a 2.5 yr old….her Dad got her laughing too hard and she drank in too much water. He told it very deadpan, but the older two got it immediately, heads snapping in unision to DD2, inbetween them in the back seat. My poor DH muttered, “I will not be returning to the pool, that was embarrassing. You get pool duty the rest of the week.” :nono:

We were tight on time at this point, so we chose to do valet pking. I know that if you do valet pking once, you can reuse it (pay one time and valet pk all day) during that day. What we found out was that it is good for 24 hrs!!!! Ohhhhhhh!! This ended up working well for us. We used it for Narcoossee’s, then reused it again to park at the Contemporary for Pirates and Pals and then again in the morning for 1900 Park Fare.
O.K. Narcoossee’s. Loved this restaurant. Our server was great—we didn’t feel rushed, just well taken care of. We sat at the windows and had a wonderful view of the castle—the purple castle—that thrilled DD2. DS expressed his love of the deluxe dining plan. At 12 he has quite an appetite and does like to try everything. Same with DD1. Again, we listened to our servers’ suggestions. Both kids had mussels as apps, DH the bisque and I had the calamari. All very yummy! Entrees were lobster and surf and turf. Fabulous! I really liked the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert. It’s a disc of cheesecake totally encased in a crunchy almond coating. DH got the Crème Brule—these were his favorite Crème Brule all week and I think he was on a mission to try it everywhere. Our total bill was close to $450—including tip and an adult beverage for myself and DH. DD1 and DS received their Congrats basket for finishing their Great Adventure during dessert. I had purchased personalized Disney watches and some Epcot pins, had them sent to Disney florist to include in this basket. The person at Disney Florist I was dealing with for this, over the phone, helped me through this really well. Only problem was, a lot of what I had selected to be in the basket wasn’t there. Unacceptable. I had selected some treasure related items—filler items really—that tied into their Adventure as well as their Pirates cruise later in the evening. There were 8 hersheys miniatures in there instead and 1 candy bar. The kids were still thrilled though. (I did call while still on vacation and they offered to bring the items to my room. Really? Moment is over, I just asked for a refund on the items. The phone operator only could say, well the items are on the order, I have no idea why they didn’t make it into the basket.) A bit frustrating and had I sent it to someone, and not been there, I would not have known I didn’t get what I ordered. Don’t like that feeling.

After dinner, we had time for DH to take me and DD2 to CBR before he went with DS and DD1 to their Pirates and Pals Cruise—meeting at the Contemporary. (A note here on timing—we had ADR’s for 5:55 and were on time. We had a relaxing meal, didn’t feel rushed at all. I know this is early for dinner service, but we were done by 7:15-7:30. Later in our dining experiences, we had quite different experiences) They had a blast on this cruise!:pirate: Captain Hook and Smee were in attendance. Pirates bandanas and snacks. DS and DD1 pocketed them for later—too full from dinner. They saw the fireworks from the boat and the electrical boat parade. This cruise was the later one, meeting at 8:45, but it was still full. DH said it was a fabulous way to see the fireworks. DS and DD1 made sure DH ended dinner with coffee because they wanted to go to EMH at MK. I got a text really late saying “just got off space mtn, again.” This was the first visit any had had to MK. They were so thrilled. Love those EMH!!!! They were able to ride anything they wanted with minimal waits, only had to convince DH he could handle it. DH really liked Splash Mountain. And the holiday decorations were up! Both DS and DD1 collapsed into bed around 2!! They never see that hour! Tomorrow is spa day for me so everyone will be up and moving ontime!:drill:

faline
11-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Whew! Glad you found each other and made it to your dinner on time! Nice day!

RedSoxFan
11-21-2010, 08:51 PM
A great day!!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Sounds like a great time, even getting lost

KylesMom
11-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Wow - I can't believe DH literally ran into you in the Epcot parking lot. I think Tinkerbell was sprinkling some outrageous amounts of pixie dust on your DH to get him there!

Dinner sounds great - as do the activities for DD1, DS and DH afterward. What a wonderful way for them to be introduced to MK!

I hope that you're able to motivate everyone tomorrow morning & your spa date is made! :mickey:

Suz36
11-23-2010, 02:02 PM
You do not sound like a first-timer! You definitely did your homework!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Very lucky that the DH found you. Narcoossee's sounds like it was just the ticket after that busy day, one of my favorites and a very relaxing place. The almond cheesecake is one of my favorite WDW desserts (with cherries-- I love it with the cherries).

vizsla
11-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
11-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Joannelet
12-02-2010, 09:55 PM
OMG I LOL at the pool part with your hubby and your daughter. If that was my hubby and my son I would have been sooo mad at him.
Great report!