PDA

View Full Version : flying to wdw southwest

jonahbear2006
11-21-2010, 12:26 AM
We are flying with a then 7mth old. I am wondering what i can and cant do about bringing baby food and such for him. What will the airline allow? does anyone have experience with this?

DisneyorBust
11-21-2010, 05:30 AM
Morning!
It's not what the airline will allow, it's what T.S.A. permits. My best advice for you is to check the tsa.gov website for the latest in permissable and non permissable items.

Ed
11-21-2010, 06:53 AM
TSA's website has a special section for traveling with children - click here. (http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/index.shtm)

TheRustyScupper
11-21-2010, 11:05 AM
it's what T.S.A. permits

After 2,000,000 air miles,to me, T.S.A =
. . . Tired, Slow, and ****
. . . The Stupid Agency
. . . Trivial, Superfluous Actors
. . . Three Stooges Audition
. . . Trained Shoe Analysts
. . . Thousands Standing Around
. . . Transportation Sloth Agency
. . . Treatment Simply Abusive

DisneyorBust
11-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Mr. Scupper, I feel your pain! I work at our airport and I am amazed, in a totally disbelieving sort of way, what I get to witness on a daily basis.

megustamex
11-22-2010, 01:22 AM
You can travel with baby food. We've done it about 20 times now. I pack the containers in a big baggie so it's easy to separate in security (you aren't limited to a small baggie or a certain number of containers). Then just put it in a bin with your other small liquids as you go through. They've never questioned it, and sometimes I bring a lot (enough for 2 days). When you are traveling with kids they let you bring baby food and any liquid medicines through with no problem.

megustamex
11-22-2010, 01:24 AM
One other thing, you can bring formula or water in a bottle, but they will make you open up the bottle and they will do a dipstick test with a ph strip. I got kind of grossed out by that the first time so now I just bring empty sippys on for the kids and fill them with water past security (my kids are past the bottle stage).

Ed
11-22-2010, 07:53 AM
After 2,000,000 air miles,to me, T.S.A =
. . . Tired, Slow, and ****
. . . The Stupid Agency
. . . Trivial, Superfluous Actors
. . . Three Stooges Audition
. . . Trained Shoe Analysts
. . . Thousands Standing Around
. . . Transportation Sloth Agency
. . . Treatment Simply Abusive

And I suppose you'd prefer the alternative, like the ultra-efficient security we had pre-9/11 ? Mr. Atta and his buddies certainly liked that level of security.

How soon we forget.

DisneyorBust
11-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Not trying to be contrary Ed, but the weapons that were utilized on September 11th WERE permissable to be carried onboard any commercial aircraft during that time. So comparing today's security measures against those in 2001 is an apples and oranges argument. I for one have not forgotten and due to my profession and duty location I see first hand what the T.S.A. is attempting to accomplish, my concern lies not with the T.S.A. Screeners, who I believe are in a no win situation, but with the idiotic mandates set forth by politicians.
By the way, thanks for your service in helping keeping all of the flying public safe!

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
12-01-2010, 07:37 AM
TSA - just please keep me and my family safe and do what you have to do.....................

Thanks

BraddyB
12-01-2010, 08:22 AM
TSA - just please keep me and my family safe and do what you have to do.....................

Thanks

Couldn't have said it any better.