PDA

View Full Version : Online Check In?

DisneyPrincess21
11-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I will be heading on my first DCL soon, and I have 2 weeks left to complete online check in. How does online check in work? If we do online check in does that mean we are "locked in" so to speak? We are absolutely going, but what if something happens between online check in and the cruise and we have to cancel the cruise? We have vacation insurance so not sure how that factors into everything.

Thanks for the help :wave:

ElenitaB
11-20-2010, 09:30 PM
In our experience, online check-in eliminated the need to fill out forms while waiting in line at port or at the check-in desk itself. You indicate ahead of time what credit card to use and other similar items. It saves a lot of time!

If you need to cancel, no harm done considering you have insurance (though it's no picnic filling out those forms). You're just as "locked in" when you make your final payment as when you opt for online check-in. Sure hope you don't have to cancel though...

DisneyPrincess21
11-20-2010, 10:51 PM
In our experience, online check-in eliminated the need to fill out forms while waiting in line at port or at the check-in desk itself. You indicate ahead of time what credit card to use and other similar items. It saves a lot of time!

If you need to cancel, no harm done considering you have insurance (though it's no picnic filling out those forms). You're just as "locked in" when you make your final payment as when you opt for online check-in. Sure hope you don't have to cancel though...

Thanks for explaining it :thumbsup: I don't see any reason why we would cancel, I am just one of those "what if"' people, and I like to prepare for any possible circumstances ahead of time. :secret: