PDA

View Full Version : Q re: split trips and park tickets...

Dsnygirl
11-17-2010, 04:24 AM
So, I have a question that came up here at work, maybe somebody can answer it for me.

A friend of mine wants to do a "split trip" during the free dining promotion in the spring. But when she realized she would have to pay for two sets of park tickets (i.e. 6 nights WL/6 day hopper then 4 nights POFQ/4 day hopper) b/c it is virtually two reservations, she changed her mind b/c of the increased cost of two sets of tickets.

Then she asked me if she could do a 6 night free dining reservation w/ an 8 day hopper, and then only have to buy a 2 day base ticket for the last two days of her 4 day reservation at POFQ, as you have to have at least a two day base ticket to get the free dining promotion.

(I hope I have made sense of that question... :blush:)

I told her I had no idea but I would ask... I would think if this were possible, more people would do it w/ their split stays, but I've never heard of it. It seems it might be possible, as Disney only requires a 2 day base ticket for the free dining, even if you're booking more nights... so why not allow more than the number of nights you're staying?

Any ideas??

:thanks:

Pirate Granny
11-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Yep, her plan would work well...just take the first set of tickets to the customer service desk and ask to have them upgraded to 8 day hoppers...you could even keep it on you first set of room keys...just don't lose or forget to use the correct key card to get into the parks after you switch resorts.

gerald72
11-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Buy all the park days on the first reservation. They won't expire for two weeks. Don't buy any park days on the second reservation.
You just won't be able to get the dining plan on the second reservation. But keep in mind the credits from the first reservation expire midnight the day you check out from the first res.

faline
11-17-2010, 09:27 AM
She can do this to get free dining on both reservations. However, she will need to be sure that she is going to use all the park days within 14 days of first use unless she buys the rather expensive option of no-expiration!

Dsnygirl
11-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Wow... thanks, guys!! This could save her a bundle... she'll be thrilled! :thumbsup:

Once again, :thanks:....

CleveRocks
11-18-2010, 02:28 PM
So, I have a question that came up here at work, maybe somebody can answer it for me.

A friend of mine wants to do a "split trip" during the free dining promotion in the spring. But when she realized she would have to pay for two sets of park tickets (i.e. 6 nights WL/6 day hopper then 4 nights POFQ/4 day hopper) b/c it is virtually two reservations, she changed her mind b/c of the increased cost of two sets of tickets.

Then she asked me if she could do a 6 night free dining reservation w/ an 8 day hopper, and then only have to buy a 2 day base ticket for the last two days of her 4 day reservation at POFQ, as you have to have at least a two day base ticket to get the free dining promotion.

(I hope I have made sense of that question... :blush:)

I told her I had no idea but I would ask... I would think if this were possible, more people would do it w/ their split stays, but I've never heard of it. It seems it might be possible, as Disney only requires a 2 day base ticket for the free dining, even if you're booking more nights... so why not allow more than the number of nights you're staying?

Any ideas??

:thanks:By doing the split stay, even with an 8-day ticket with the first reservation and a 2-day ticket for the second reservation, you're STILL wasting HUNDREDS of dollars to stay in 2 resorts. Sticking with the one resort will save you lots.

An 8-day base ticket with the first reservation will cost $252. The 2-day ticket with the first reservation will cost $162. The 10-day s this way will cost $414.

A 10-day base ticket, which will mean you'll stay only at the one resort, will cost $262.

$414 minus $262 equals $152 per adult.

So if she's in a party of 2 adults, doing the split stay will cost her $304 MORE than staying at just the one resort.

Dsnygirl
11-18-2010, 03:12 PM
By doing the split stay, even with an 8-day ticket with the first reservation and a 2-day ticket for the second reservation, you're STILL wasting HUNDREDS of dollars to stay in 2 resorts. Sticking with the one resort will save you lots.

An 8-day base ticket with the first reservation will cost $252. The 2-day ticket with the first reservation will cost $162. The 10-day s this way will cost $414.

A 10-day base ticket, which will mean you'll stay only at the one resort, will cost $262.

$414 minus $262 equals $152 per adult.

So if she's in a party of 2 adults, doing the split stay will cost her $304 MORE than staying at just the one resort.

:thumbsup: See why this place rocks?? I did almost the same exact math with her last night at work, and based on her numbers, although she would have saved $500 by staying at a less expensive resort for part of her stay (her current ressie is all WL), once you added in the cost of 4 8-day hoppers and 4 2 day base tickets, it was just like you said... more expensive than just staying put at WL for the whole trip.

Disney just keeps closing these loopholes by changing what you have to buy to get the promos... they must have someone reading on here and funneling our ideas into the finance department... ;) :D