PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's Club

BeachClubBum
11-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Does anyone have any news? I keep writing letters and occasionally get an answer with some double talk. The last letter said that Disney is looking for ways to incorporate the spirit of the Adventurer's Club into some attractions. I wish everyone would keep writing and keep up the pressure.

KylesMom
11-17-2010, 08:59 AM
The latest news on INTERCOT was discussed here: Pleasure Island Construction (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=176108)

I wouldn't get your hopes up . . .

Ian
11-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah unfortunately it's pretty much dead. I don't think any amount of letter writing is going to change that.

People wrote letters to save Mr. Toad, save Horizons ... nada. Once they make up their mind it's made up.

Polynesian Dweller
11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Yep, doesn't look hopeful for letter writing. We walked by it in Oct the day after the announcement that the PI rehab was going ahead. There were surveyors all over the place and lots of attention being given at the club site. That's a good indication that major construction will happen there. Agree with Ian, their minds are made up.

BeachClubBum
11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the link.

Yes, I think it's over too. I just can't let them off the hook, so to make myself feel better I keep writing nuisance letters and copying everyone.

When I think that they have the Drew Carey debacle in MGM and the Michael Jackson freakshow in Epcot, but they can't find someplace for the Adventurer's Club, it really makes me question the management at Disney.

Well, I guess they figure we just can't get enough mediocre themed food, [lousy] T-shirts and overpriced magnets and keychains.

The sad part is, they could make money on the AC; just charge a membership fee, or hook it up to a restaurant, or charge a cover.

I'm PO'd.

AdventurerKim
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM
We took our last PI pictures Thanksgiving week of AC, the only CW sign still on the side of the building, drinks from AC & CW, PI signs, etc... We stopped getting the Water Parks and More option on our tickets once PI closed and Cheesecake Factory was replaced in DQ; I really liked their paninis and cheesecake.