PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Reward Card

wdwjenn
11-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Family Grand gathering planned for May 2011:cloud9:!!!!!!!!!!!
We have about 600 points saved up on our disney visa and were thinking of just requesting a card a few weeks before we go and using the card in the parks.
Are there any restrictions on use on disney property? Can it be used in gift shops, salon/main street barber, alcohol in the parks :marg::beer:?

cajunmickey
11-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I haven't had any problems using it on Disney grounds. Works just like a credit card.

Brian
11-16-2010, 10:42 PM
You can use it for nearly anything on Disney property (from food carts to your hotel costs). The only restrictions would be places that aren't run by Disney -- like Rain Forest Cafe, McDonald's, etc.

One word of advice... In the past, it would take several weeks for the Rewards Card to show up in the mail. I think this has improved lately, but I wouldn't take a chance. I'd order the card about 2 months before our trip using the minimum required rewards (I think it's 10). Then, a few days before your trip, transfer the rest of your reward dollars over to the card.

sherriepaul
11-17-2010, 10:03 AM
WDWJenn- that's exactly what I was planning on doing too! But won't have nearly the amount of points as you!

Thanks for information everyone!

DisneyFr33k
11-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Ok, newbie here. How do the points work? Does 1 point = $1 to spend at Disney?

Does charging $1 give you one point?

KylesMom
11-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Yes, that's the way the system works, even though you don't have to utilize your rewards dollars solely at Disney World.

Unfortunately not. $100 in charges gives you one point.

PopPhan
11-17-2010, 11:41 AM

As KylesMon has said, 1 point = 1 "Disney" Dollar.

Also, if you got 1 point for each dollar spent, I think we would all be going to Disney for free every year!! LOL Again, as KylesMom has previously said, it is a 1% "bonus" - $100 spent on the Chase Disney Visa card = 1 point.

Ropachs
11-17-2010, 02:20 PM
600 points! Wow! We have just over 300 for our December trip and I thought THAT was a lot! Have fun!!

Gator
11-17-2010, 04:56 PM
I want to echo a PP in that you should order your rewards card two months before the trip. It usually takes 2 weeks, but I've seen mine come in at 4 1/2 weeks before. You can always call Chase back before the trip and add more dollars onto it. Don't take a chance.

wdwfan
11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
If you don't have enough time before you go , you can get Rewards Cards at guest services. There is also a booth in Downtown Disney outside of guest services.

mdhiggin
11-21-2010, 04:30 PM
I've not had any trouble using mine anywhere they take a regular credit card in the parks. Not all of the Downtown Disney places will take it, though.

dmallan
11-21-2010, 07:46 PM
In order to avoid "card confusion", the only card we take into the parks is our KTTW card. We charge everything to the room and then after a few days we get a printout of our charges and use our rewards card or gift card to pay them off.

mudpuppysmom
12-01-2010, 11:01 AM
If you don't have enough time before you go , you can get Rewards Cards at guest services. There is also a booth in Downtown Disney outside of guest services.

I did this on a previous trip and while it was pretty easy, you don't just get your card a go....you have to call a number and get the card "charged up". When we were there you could not hear ANYTHING on the phone at GS in DTD and it took me quite a while to get it all figured out. Yes, it was much quicker than waiting a month for the card, but I have also ordered the card with whatever points I had on it and then two days before the trip I call again and add any points I have comnig.