PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Gluten Free dining

FenwayGirl
11-16-2010, 09:19 AM
While I know that WDW will accomodate Gluten Allergies, I was wondering if anyone can recommend restaurants that are good for this allergy.

ElenitaB
11-16-2010, 11:50 PM
For dessert, be sure to visit the newly opened Babycakes found in the Pollo Campero in Downtown Disney (between the T-Rex Restaurant and the Lego Store). Babycakes' product line is gluten-free. :thumbsup:

I'm going to move this thread over to our "Guests with Special Needs" forum where other INTERCOTees who have similar issues will be able to chime in.

FenwayGirl
11-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the info...my sister will be happy to hear about Babycakes

Mogie
11-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Just about every restaurant and Fast food place in Disney has alternatives for Gluten Free meals. They will bring out a chef or a manager every time you tell the waiter about your allergy. They have gluten free rolls to put on burgers and sandwiches etc, and will make substitutions for a lot of dishes. My GF has a gluten allergy, and they were very accommodating.

2 places to avoid:
Yak and Yet in Animal Kingdom. Just about everything has gluten or wheat and is prepared a head of time. Very few alternatives or gluten free choices.

Chefs de Paris. Either the waiter didnt understand or the Manager/chef didnt want to bother, but we never got any help on alternatives.

FenwayGirl
11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks..this is the kind of inside infor that I am looking for.

Disney1977
11-21-2010, 09:52 PM
My husband has Celiac and the only restaurant he will not return to is The Garden Grill in Epcot. The food is served "family style" and he did not feel like he got anything special for dinner.

We had great meals at Boma, Crystal Palace, Trails End Restaurant and especially Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. Just make sure you note your food allergy when making your dinner reservation. And all the counter service restaurants were just as great as the sit down meals.

Have a great trip.

FenwayGirl
11-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Please elaborate on the GG. We have a reservation there also. Thougth it would be good for Celiac as it was a lot of protein...not so much bread foods.

Disney1977
11-22-2010, 07:40 PM
The meat was served dry and was a bit bland. And unlike the other restaurants we had visited the chef never offered to make my husband anything special. And if I recall, he was given no desert.

My children and I really like and Garden Grill but my husband thought his choices were very limited.

Have fun planning.

jiifigment
12-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Don't know if you still need this info, but here's my 2cents. :)

BOMA is incredible. If you're looking for a GREAT dessert and a super willing to exceed your expectations place, this is my #1! We've been 3 different trips and loved it every time.

Le Cellier - ditto! The chefs are AMAZING, and GREAT!!!!!

We've been just about everywhere over time...The hardest place to find good GF food on property seems to be Disney Studios. I haven't tried the Brown Derby yet, but Mama Melrose is ok, Sci-Fi was yuck, and I got sick BIG TIME (only place on property) after 50's Prime Time!

Oh - Ohana's for Breakfast has been great too! '

Good luck, and PLEASE post your experience! :)

dinahvixen
01-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up on Yak and Yeti, we have ADRs there and my dd9 is not allergic, but wheat intolerant and gets tummy aches after eating wheat. We may change our ADRs there, thanks. She was very excited, though, when I told her that WDW had wheat-free hamburger buns!