PDA

View Full Version : Our eventful 4 year/MNSSHP/F&W/DCL Anniversary part 2

Kennywife
11-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Well, I am a writer after all and it's my job to build up suspense...

But, just for you guys:

The worst experience of my life...day 2.

We get up to a beautiful morning. It's 80 degrees out, the sun is shining, it's a great day. We had my favorite restaurants: Le Cellier for lunch and Cali Grill for dinner! Plus the F&W Festival!

We had breakfast at the hotel and then, hopped on the bus to EPCOT to cover the festival. On the way there, we rode Test Track (Kenny loved it) and Soarin'. When it came time for the festival to open, we wandered through the streets of World Showcase, checking out all there was to offer.

Now you're probably asking yourself....how could this be the worst experience of her life? Just wait....

So it's getting time for our ressie at Le Cellier. I was so excited to get it for Kenny! We were seated promptly and we both ordered the filet mignon. We got pretzel bread for our apps and it was really yummy!

Then, we get the steaks. Now, I have a health condition which can sometimes make things get stuck in my esophogus. Guess what happened? Yup, I began choking and was horribly ill. I hid in the bathroom. We had to walk back through the festival to the buses and I was crying and miserable. I swear, people probably thought I was drunk!

So...when we were on the bus to CBR to lie down in the room, I was sick again. In. front. of. a. whole. bus. of. people. OMG. I was humiliated!

For the rest of the day, I stayed in the room and cried. I felt so embarrased and hated what happened. Hubby tried everything to make me feel better. He was so great about it. I have insulin resistance and need to keep my sugar at a decent level. Kenny gave me some oj. Here's me post-incident:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...8/IMAG0001.jpg

After a few hours, I feel better. Still queasy a bit in the stomach. We decide to keep our ressie to Cali Grill because we were celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary that night. So we get all dressed up and head to the restaurant.

I end up eating very lightly and Kenny enjoyed his steak. My fave was the dessert...the Valhorna Chocolate Cake! My face says it all:

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...8/IMAG0003.jpg

We watch Wishes from our tabel and point out to Kenny I can see Illuminations from my view! Kenny cuddles me and says, "Tomorrow's a new day babe."

Afterwards, We then went back to our room to rest. I'd had enough excitement for one day.

Coming up....sometimes, the best plans are no plans.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry...maybe you can try it again sometime....

princessgirls
11-16-2010, 10:27 AM
You poor thing. That is horrifying! HOWEVER, these things do happen, and thankfully it was just an episode, and you were able to recover and continue on. Look at the bright side...

Glad there were some GREAT parts of your day.
Thanks for your report. The good, bad and plain old ugly...

Keep smiling!
Julie:mickey:

gauvin4
11-16-2010, 10:42 AM
So sorry you had to go through that. :(
Your husband sounds like a real sweetheart!!

Disney4us2
11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I am so sorry about your LeCellier experience. Hope you recovered quickly. I am glad you had a nice time at the Cali Grill. Happy Anniversary. Kenny sounds like quite a sweetie.

Hope it all got better for the rest of your trip.

2MuchWDFun
11-16-2010, 03:40 PM
So sorry for your illness--glad you were able to recover enough to go to Cali Grill and watch Wishes. BTW-Happy Anniversary!

A nice ending to a not-so-nice day.
Looking forward to reading your next installment.

Suz36
11-16-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but you made a nice recovery with a romantic dinner. Happy Anniversary!

faline
11-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Glad to hear you were feeling better by the end of the day!

RedSoxFan
11-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Sorry about your experience. Glad the day ended better than it started.

cer
11-17-2010, 12:24 PM
So sorry you were sick! That is horrible.

Hopefully nothing but smooth sailing from here on out. I have never been to Cali Grill. Fun that you could see Wishes from your table and Happy Anniversary!

pdrlkr
11-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: