PDA

View Full Version : Picky eater- Yak and Yeti or Sanaa?

remy1014
11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
We will be staying at AKL. On our Animal Kindgom day we will eat a TS meal either at the park or at the resort.

DH is a picky eater. Burgers, pizza, hot dog kind of guy. I do like to try new things though and although I would like Yak and Yeti and Sanaa I try to limit the things I know DH won't like.

Which is better food and will have a regular opinion for DH?

BrerGnat
11-15-2010, 02:37 PM
I'd go with Yak and Yeti. Sanaa is too exotic for ME, and I'm pretty adventurous.

Y&Y has baby back ribs and a Kobe beef burger on the menu, which your DH would probably be satisfied with.

KylesMom
11-15-2010, 03:18 PM
I would agree - while I wasn't able to get either DH or DS to take a second look at the Sanaa menu, both found things at Yak & Yeti TS they enjoyed.

2MuchWDFun
11-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Sanaa is a wonderful place to dine--food is different, not really too exotic. The server can help you with descriptions of flavors. We loved our meal there...the great view of the animals is a bonus.

However, if you have a really picky eater--then Yak and Yeti has a fabulous variety of somewhat exotic flavors for you, and simple meat and rice for him. Can highly recommend the skirt steak and shrimp, or the glazed duck. As someone else has mentioned, since he is a burger kind of guy he'll definitely enjoy the Kobe burger. Ask to sit on the second floor for nice views. Oh, and you must try the fried wonton (sounds a little odd, but it is "out of this world" delicious) or the mango pie. Enjoy--this restaurant is one of our family favorites!

smokester653
11-15-2010, 07:27 PM
We went to Yak & Yeti in Oct for lunch. I am the only 1 in our party of 9 that is picky & this was the best meal we ate in 6 days at the parks. I had the baby back ribs, they do have a tangy odd taste for me but i did enjoy them 7 ate almost 1/2 the order:blush:. We also had the fried green beans-:cloud9:- & my DH & BIL ordered the spring rolls & pot stickers -:confused:- they loved them. I ordered cheesecake for dessert but others got the fried wontons - they were delicious! We will def go back to eat here.

ElenitaB
11-15-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm a very adventurous eater and was very excited to try Sanaa this past August. I'm sorry to say that the two kids who ate with me, enjoyed their meals much more than I did. I'm not afraid of spicy food but the dishes I had from Sanaa were a bit too much for me. :(

Bottom line: your picky eater will more than likely be happier at Yak & Yeti. You'll enjoy it as well... great atmosphere and order the pineapple-cream cheese wontons for dessert. :tasty:

ThanxForNoticin
11-16-2010, 12:37 PM
These are 2 of our favorite restaurants at Disney. We really like both, but I agree with previous posters - if you're dining with very picky eaters, Y&Y would be the place to go. Enjoy!