PDA

View Full Version : Little "Bonus" things on our Reservation?

Buttercup
11-15-2010, 10:35 AM
So we've booked during the Free Dining Promotion in February at Caribbean Beach Resort, and there are a whole lot of little bonus things they're giving us on our reservation that I'm clueless as to what they are or what they can be used towards (or even where in particular we go to use these vouchers). I hope you can help!

- WDW Resort Arcade Card 100pts. (I know this one!)
- Guided Fishing Excursion Voucher :confused:
- Child Activity Center Offer :confused:
- Miniature Golf Voucher (I know this one)
- WDW Marina Offer Voucher :confused:
- Niki Bryan Spa Offer Voucher :confused:
- Planet Hollywood Souvenir Voucher (I know this one)
- Planet Hollywood $15 Meal Voucher (I know this one)
- Sammy Duvall Offer Voucher :confused:

Thanks!

Grumpy.
11-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm looking at my reservation package right now. Just look on the other side of each coupon and it'll tell you what it's for and where you can use it. Have fun!

Buttercup
11-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Wait, maybe you're misunderstanding...
I don't actually have these vouchers yet -- they are just listed on my vacation reservation (the email confirmation they send you outlining your resort check-in/out dates, our dining plan, etc.). So I have no coupons to look on the back of. I'm assuming they'll be giving us all these vouchers when I check in at the resort.

Hair_Razor
11-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I saw that too, I know what you're talking about. I don't know what they are.

BigThunderFan
11-16-2010, 01:03 PM
You should receive all of this in your packet that you get in the mail a few weeks before you check in.

PopPhan
11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
The ones you don't know about are $$$ or % discounts for those items/shops.

There will also be a PhotoPass card in the packet for you to start with. (Do not register it with the site immediately as it will start your 30 day countdown!)

These will all be in the mailing along with your luggage tags. NOT the DME yellow tags, but regular WDW themed name tags. Anything having to do with DME comes in a separate mailing.

Buttercup
11-16-2010, 06:57 PM
You should receive all of this in your packet that you get in the mail a few weeks before you check in.
No packet will be coming. We drive to Florida so we don't get the usual Magical Express packet or anything else before we arrive.
And we never get Disney luggage tags mailed to us before a trip. Seriously, nothing ever gets mailed to us in a package unless we happen to be flying and we get yellow ME tags. That's about it. Not sure what you mean...
Guess I'll have to wait until we get down there! But thanks for the info that they are for particular stores. What is the "Child Activity Centre"? Where is the Niki Bryan Spa? Who is Sammy Duvall? Which WDW Marina can we use the voucher at? Those were kind-of the things I was wondering.

Grumpy.
11-16-2010, 08:02 PM
- WDW Resort Arcade Card 100pts. (I know this one!)
- Guided Fishing Excursion Voucher :confused: 10% off fishing excursion available at most resorts on water and DTD
- Child Activity Center Offer :confused: don't have that one
- Miniature Golf Voucher (I know this one)
- WDW Marina Offer Voucher :confused: extra 30 mins with 60 minute purchase of boat rental at many on the water resorts and DTD
- Niki Bryan Spa Offer Voucher :confused: 15% of reg price of any body treatment or water therapy at GF or SS spas
- Planet Hollywood Souvenir Voucher (I know this one)
- Planet Hollywood $15 Meal Voucher (I know this one)
- Sammy Duvall Offer Voucher :confused: 10% off parasailing/wakeboarding/water skiing/ tubing at the Contemporary.
See bold stuff above. Hope that helps.

LandFan
11-16-2010, 09:28 PM
No packet will be coming. We drive to Florida so we don't get the usual Magical Express packet or anything else before we arrive.
And we never get Disney luggage tags mailed to us before a trip. Seriously, nothing ever gets mailed to us in a package unless we happen to be flying and we get yellow ME tags. That's about it. Not sure what you mean...

You said you booked during free dining... that means that (unless something outside of the norm happenend) you booked a package which means you WILL receive materials in the mail a couple of weeks before you leave. :thumbsup: It's NOT the Magical Express package. It's just a package that contains info for your trip and some walt disney world generic luggage tags (they have nothing to do with ME).

You get this stuff whenever you book a package (hotel and tix together). You probably usually do "room-only" booking so you don't get this stuff.... Just guessing here.:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
11-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Just to confirm, when you book a MYW package you always get a packet in the mail that includes offers like the OP says. We have gotten a packet every year since MYW started. It is separate from the DME vouchers and sent about 30 days before your trip.

TheRustyScupper
11-17-2010, 02:33 AM
Just to confirm, when you book a MYW package you always get a packet in the mail that includes offers like the OP says.

1) Not always.
2) The CM frequently hands them to guests at check-in.
. . . they are placed in the mail-drop for the guest
. . . a notation is made on the resort ressie
. . . the check-in CM then retrieves from the mail box/filefolder

Buttercup
11-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Oh wow - thanks guys! :thumbsup:
Those explanations are super, thanks Grumpy!
You're right - we do usually only book room-only reservations. I didn't realize they needed to send us anything in advance if we booked a MYW package. Good to know! I like getting mail from Disney! :mickey: